ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Get this

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by deggyg »

On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Get this

Post by Brandy »

deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
Let them send you home!! its getting crazier!!! :arrrghhh
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

Get this

Post by seaside »

By who, if a manager, what reason was this for?
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by Mobey »

You naughty school boy!

Write a hundred lines how you must take your break. :roll:
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Get this

Post by Yamr1 »

Our office manager buggers of home early
Can't even sign out the building so you no one sees the time he left building so much for health and safety and has the balls in morning to tell staff to remember to sign in and out .
Tea break lol what's that our gaffer turns blind eye to this so he can lapse more cause of all the runners .
Priceless

Yip agree with the above getting beyond a joke now.

Gaffer has his toast and beans at computer and irons his shirts at work lol
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by yubin282 »

I take 20 mins everyday before i leave, its always a pleasure to see the early starters have to bundle themselves up (when i'd have time to do it if they didn't come in early) and load the van up themselves.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by Celgar »

deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
All I can say is at least you actually have somewhere to go to take your break. I think if more people had a decent non-work area they would take their breaks as well.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Apart from the office floor, you can take your break anywhere you like.
TheRealDeal
Posts: 24
Joined: 26 Jan 2010, 18:31
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by TheRealDeal »

deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
One Saturday recently I saw a postie take his full 40 minutes break before he went out and was with a park and loop buddy who was somewhat flummoxed. A brave soul. I take 20 mins whilst out and come back 20 mins early at the end, rather than risk being locked out.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Get this

Post by maisymoo04 »

deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
so your a runner then rushing to get out everyone should take there break no problem really doing you a favour isn't he :shock: :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by JKSmudge »

maisymoo04 wrote:
deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
so your a runner then rushing to get out everyone should take there break no problem really doing you a favour isn't he :shock: :shock:
Why does this make him a 'runner' ? You are entitled to take your break where/when you like - I am PT and take my 20 by 5 mins ( tea & fag ) before I leave and 15 mins just after half-way through round ( a bit of food and drink makes sense then to re-fuel ).

Cannot understand how it can be described as a 'break' when having it near beginning or at end of shift.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Get this

Post by k979aaa »

JKSmudge wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:
deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
so your a runner then rushing to get out everyone should take there break no problem really doing you a favour isn't he :shock: :shock:
Why does this make him a 'runner' ? You are entitled to take your break where/when you like - I am PT and take my 20 by 5 mins ( tea & fag ) before I leave and 15 mins just after half-way through round ( a bit of food and drink makes sense then to re-fuel ).

Cannot understand how it can be described as a 'break' when having it near beginning or at end of shift.
Well a real break would be equidistant ie in the middle but with the closure of facility's why would you sit in a room with nothing to eat a room without food cannot be a canteen just a room with seats!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by POSTMAN »

Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by deggyg »

I’m definitely not a runner, it was all down to the fact I refused to do lapsing.
I informed him that I was going to take half my break before I went out, that’s when he insisted I have it in the canteen.
I told him I can take it where ever I like, he just didn’t like the fact I was going to take my break, unlike the majority who don’t bother, and so accommodate lapsing
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

Get this

Post by JKSmudge »

POSTMAN wrote:Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.
Can I ask what you mean by this ? as I cannot be the only one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.