ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Get this
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Get this
Our office manager buggers of home early
Can't even sign out the building so you no one sees the time he left building so much for health and safety and has the balls in morning to tell staff to remember to sign in and out .
Tea break lol what's that our gaffer turns blind eye to this so he can lapse more cause of all the runners .
Priceless
Yip agree with the above getting beyond a joke now.
Gaffer has his toast and beans at computer and irons his shirts at work lol
Can't even sign out the building so you no one sees the time he left building so much for health and safety and has the balls in morning to tell staff to remember to sign in and out .
Tea break lol what's that our gaffer turns blind eye to this so he can lapse more cause of all the runners .
Priceless
Yip agree with the above getting beyond a joke now.
Gaffer has his toast and beans at computer and irons his shirts at work lol
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Get this
All I can say is at least you actually have somewhere to go to take your break. I think if more people had a decent non-work area they would take their breaks as well.deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
TheRealDeal
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 26 Jan 2010, 18:31
- Gender: Male
Get this
One Saturday recently I saw a postie take his full 40 minutes break before he went out and was with a park and loop buddy who was somewhat flummoxed. A brave soul. I take 20 mins whilst out and come back 20 mins early at the end, rather than risk being locked out.deggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Get this
so your a runner then rushing to get out everyone should take there break no problem really doing you a favour isn't hedeggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Get this
Why does this make him a 'runner' ? You are entitled to take your break where/when you like - I am PT and take my 20 by 5 mins ( tea & fag ) before I leave and 15 mins just after half-way through round ( a bit of food and drink makes sense then to re-fuel ).maisymoo04 wrote:so your a runner then rushing to get out everyone should take there break no problem really doing you a favour isn't hedeggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!![]()
Cannot understand how it can be described as a 'break' when having it near beginning or at end of shift.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Get this
Well a real break would be equidistant ie in the middle but with the closure of facility's why would you sit in a room with nothing to eat a room without food cannot be a canteen just a room with seats!JKSmudge wrote:Why does this make him a 'runner' ? You are entitled to take your break where/when you like - I am PT and take my 20 by 5 mins ( tea & fag ) before I leave and 15 mins just after half-way through round ( a bit of food and drink makes sense then to re-fuel ).maisymoo04 wrote:so your a runner then rushing to get out everyone should take there break no problem really doing you a favour isn't hedeggyg wrote:On Saturday I was informed that if I didn’t take my 20 min meal relief in the office canteen, I would be sent home!
You really couldn’t make this up!![]()
Cannot understand how it can be described as a 'break' when having it near beginning or at end of shift.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Get this
Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Get this
I’m definitely not a runner, it was all down to the fact I refused to do lapsing.
I informed him that I was going to take half my break before I went out, that’s when he insisted I have it in the canteen.
I told him I can take it where ever I like, he just didn’t like the fact I was going to take my break, unlike the majority who don’t bother, and so accommodate lapsing
I informed him that I was going to take half my break before I went out, that’s when he insisted I have it in the canteen.
I told him I can take it where ever I like, he just didn’t like the fact I was going to take my break, unlike the majority who don’t bother, and so accommodate lapsing
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Get this
Can I ask what you mean by this ? as I cannot be the only one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.POSTMAN wrote:Why still the obsession with breaks, or rather not having them.
You've all had your revisions you all have on paper your duty structures why is it so hard.
Or is it a case of I'll do what I want.