ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday carry over

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Holiday carry over

Post by Post12345 »

If I don't want to carry my holiday over to next year can I have it paid to me?
I will have 9 days technically though I am aware I should only be allowed to carry over 5.....
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Holiday carry over

Post by Creditshampoo »

No you can’t be paid it. However if you do carry over 9 days then they’re yours. If management allocate you the leave before end of the leave year that’s thy, but they don’t you can carry it all over. Their mess to sort out.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Holiday carry over

Post by maisymoo04 »

am still owed a week from October as I was on the sick was told to carry over I asked to be paid was told no chance . also I missed out on the holiday pay no the what ever you do in 4 weeks etc :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm cant remember what it is now is it say you do 40 hours a month overtime then you get 10 hours holiday pay is it not sure :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Holiday carry over

Post by Post12345 »

Thanks
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Holiday carry over

Post by joewyan »

maisymoo04 wrote:am still owed a week from October as I was on the sick was told to carry over I asked to be paid was told no chance . also I missed out on the holiday pay no the what ever you do in 4 weeks etc :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm cant remember what it is now is it say you do 40 hours a month overtime then you get 10 hours holiday pay is it not sure :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Doesn’t matter how much overtime you do, you don’t get any extra holiday.
mr hil.
Posts: 424
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

Holiday carry over

Post by mr hil. »

You do get paid your scheduled attendance whilst on holiday but not if on sick pay