ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

do part timers get area payments

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nuns
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

do part timers get area payments

Post by nuns »

do u still get area payments on part time contract?
mightyowler
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 19:16
Gender: Male

do part timers get area payments

Post by mightyowler »

Well in 10 years as a P/t employee I have never received nor heard of such a payment.
pex
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
Gender: Male

do part timers get area payments

Post by pex »

Do you mean for example, a higher hourly rate for working within the M25 around London?, if so then the answer is yes.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

do part timers get area payments

Post by maisymoo04 »

WOW my god not another payment :shock: :shock: :shock: what for this time I have been in job along time started as a post cadet yes I wore a cap I have seen phgs come and go driving allowance etc what pi@@@ me off so much is all this ex phg allowance driving etc list goes on . why f@@@ should ex phgs and few drivers still get this payment when were all drivers at end off the day except the ones who cant drive of course . I bet there is a few on here who will agree with me on this :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

do part timers get area payments

Post by joewyan »

I think it depends on where you are. In my old office I received an area payment but lost it when I moved office. I am part time so in answer to the original question yes you do get it pro rata of course.
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

do part timers get area payments

Post by visigoth »

nuns wrote:do u still get area payments on part time contract?
Greetings from Cambridge. Yes.
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

do part timers get area payments

Post by visigoth »

maisymoo04 wrote:WOW my god not another payment :shock: :shock: :shock: what for this time ...
One time it was known as RRIS - recruitment & retention incentive scheme. Another time DRAS - difficult recruitment area supplement. In "layman's terms" - outer outer London weighting.

From another angle, "what for" = about the last 30 years. Over time the value has, of course, reduced in real terms. Feeling my age now, off for a lie down. :)
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

do part timers get area payments

Post by maisymoo04 »

visigoth wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:WOW my god not another payment :shock: :shock: :shock: what for this time ...
One time it was known as RRIS - recruitment & retention incentive scheme. Another time DRAS - difficult recruitment area supplement. In "layman's terms" - outer outer London weighting.

From another angle, "what for" = about the last 30 years. Over time the value has, of course, reduced in real terms. Feeling my age now, off for a lie down. :)
:Applause :Applause :Applause :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"