ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay query

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
My feet are on fire
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

Pay query

Post by My feet are on fire »

Only started 2 weeks ago on a permanent 24hr contract but I've been working 6days and when I got my payslip I only got paid for 24hrs having worked 42hrs what happens there?
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Pay talks

Post by Lincox »

Your basic hours for the first week should have been paid in the same week. The overtime hours for the first week should have been paid along with your basic hours in the second week. ie (overtime hours paid week in arrears)
How many hours did you do in your first week. If it was 42 and you did not receive any overtime pay in the second week you need to get your line manager to sort this out with HR Pay.
If your feet are killing you it is because you have not allowed them to get used to walking 5 days a week. You would have been better off starting on your basic hours until your feet became used to the footslogging that this job entails.
My feet are on fire
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

Pay query

Post by My feet are on fire »

Thanks for that I'll have a word when I get in. As I'm only in the door I didn't want to rock the boat and complain about working too many hours being on the 6 months probation and all that.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Pay query

Post by Seymour Buts »

My feet are on fire wrote:Thanks for that I'll have a word when I get in. As I'm only in the door I didn't want to rock the boat and complain about working too many hours being on the 6 months probation and all that.
Your overtime is in lieu, you'll be paid the week after you've done it. Make sure you get it though. It took me about a month to get the money they owed me for my induction day.
Islander
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
Gender: Male

Pay query

Post by Islander »

Also make sure you book your overtime, nobody told me this so didnt get paid anyovertime for three weeks over christmas. When I complained I was told I hadn't booked it ...told him I didnt know I had to book it, I thought if it was on the time sheet I would be paid. Its such a strange place but you do get used to it.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Pay query

Post by Nigel1505 »

The first twenty years are the worst, then its all downhill. :arrrghhh
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Pay query

Post by yubin282 »

Make sure you get paid, i wouldn't be surprised if you purposely weren't paid.

Never a trust a DOM.