I am wondering what the formal procedure is to hand in my resignation. Do I have to email Human Resources or should I just let the manager that is on duty know?
Also how long is the notice period? In my contract it says four weeks but I haven’t passed probation yet (I started November 2017). I wasn’t sure whether that would affect the notice period.
Notice should be given to your manager and it can be written or verbal. You have to give the contractual notice which is 4 weeks for you, but Royal Mail can waive that if you both agree.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
is it just me or does every one in your workplace all talking about wish could leave or hate it in here or any evrs coming up that's how horrible the job is now
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04 wrote:is it just me or does every one in your workplace all talking about wish could leave or hate it in here or any evrs coming up that's how horrible the job is now
Morale in RM has been at rock bottom for as long as I can remember. But we are all really stubborn so we generally stick with the job.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
maisymoo04 wrote:is it just me or does every one in your workplace all talking about wish could leave or hate it in here or any evrs coming up that's how horrible the job is now
No, to be honest. The relatively small staff turnover suggests otherwise too. I like this job; it's easy once you're away from the office.
The thing about VR is a lot of people talk about it all the time wishing it was offered, but when it comes to the nitty gritty of being offered to them, they turn it down and bottle it.
I have worked with so many time wasters who put in for it time after time only to decline it, I am afraid talk is cheap