ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Appealing a stage 2 warning
-
Nicky9177
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 13 Apr 2017, 15:07
- Gender: Female
Appealing a stage 2 warning
Hi could any one point me in the right direction on how to appeal a stage 2 warning I’ve asked mangment and got no answers :)
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
The received wisdom is that there is no appealing stage one or two stage warnings. Go see your rep and don't waste your breath asking the screws, they're paid liars.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
Don’t even bother asking the union they’ll just shrug and say if it’s not right then you’ll be ok a stage 3....dm me
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Appealing a stage 2 warning
This is WHY you go with your rep if you have one as the facts cannot be manipulated by bullshit words of management speak and the note's of the meeting that will go to your stage three and employment tribunal will be correct and not a feat a compile by management!Sir Henry wrote:The received wisdom is that there is no appealing stage one or two stage warnings. Go see your rep and don't waste your breath asking the screws, they're paid liars.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Appealing a stage 2 warning
Equality and/or misapplication of procedure?
-
beerhamilton
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 11 May 2011, 18:31
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
Do grievances ever go anywhere except in bin.beerhamilton wrote:Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
As from the 22nd they go into PSP, managers get prompts and are automatically escalated up so they’re dealt withaiden01 wrote:Do grievances ever go anywhere except in bin.beerhamilton wrote:Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
yeah and tooth fairies are still aliveCreditshampoo wrote:As from the 22nd they go into PSP, managers get prompts and are automatically escalated up so they’re dealt withaiden01 wrote:Do grievances ever go anywhere except in bin.beerhamilton wrote:Grievance if procedures have not been followed or mitigating circumstances have not been taken into consideration.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
There is no appeal at stage 2 level. The appeal stage only kicks in if you unfortunately progress to a stage 3 warning where there is consideration of dismissal.Nicky9177 wrote:Hi could any one point me in the right direction on how to appeal a stage 2 warning I’ve asked mangment and got no answers :)
At the appeal you will be given the oportunity to discuss all the stages that led to the stage 3 and if you feel that you have been wronged at the stage 2 then this will come to light by the appeals manager. The appeals manager who works independanly has the authority to uphold, reduce or revoke the decision.
Should it go to a stage 3 ensure that you have all the paperwork for all the relevant stages such as time elements for welcome back meertings, fact finding notes , absence history, and decision letters.
-
Nicky9177
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 13 Apr 2017, 15:07
- Gender: Female
Appealing a stage 2 warning
I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Appealing a stage 2 warning
You can get a grievance form from management. As you aren't a member of the CWU, the rep can't help you in an official capacity. There are also grievance forms on here you could print them off. However, without the Union helping you I think the chances of a successful grievance, or RM sticking to the timetables, would be very slim.Nicky9177 wrote:I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Appealing a stage 2 warning
Just join the blooming union! Free legal advice from a great company, will sort all your problems
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Appealing a stage 2 warning
You don't need a grievance form.Nicky9177 wrote:I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
All you need is a letter headed with formal grievance on the top.
As for needing to be in the the union to deal with a grievance that is bullshit .It is a contractual right to have your grievance heard and within the proper timeframes otherwise you could take them to a tribunal for breach of contract.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Appealing a stage 2 warning
Correct but it would be easier if he was in the CWU and with a good REP!General Mannerheim wrote:You don't need a grievance form.Nicky9177 wrote:I have been informed by my rep today that I cannot get a Greviance form to make a complaint as I’m not in the union.
And I should try and call HR for help what even is the number for HR cos I’ve rang before and there have told me I need to be a member of mangmenr to call the :(
All you need is a letter headed with formal grievance on the top.
As for needing to be in the the union to deal with a grievance that is bullshit .It is a contractual right to have your grievance heard and within the proper timeframes otherwise you could take them to a tribunal for breach of contract.