ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
If I leave now?
-
Alain Prost
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
If I left within the next 4 weeks would I loose out on the back dated pay rise/back dated lump sum or would I still be paid this?
TIA.
TIA.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
If I leave now?
Depends on the exact wording of the agreement, it's not a simple yes or no.Alain Prost wrote:If I left within the next 4 weeks would I loose out on the back dated pay rise/back dated lump sum or would I still be paid this?
TIA.
If there is an "in post" date that you need to be still employed then the day you leave and the day they chose will decide the matter.
If they backdate the pay ward for all current employees, then it depends on if you have left or not.
If they state all employees employed at the start of the year. Then in this case - yes.
If they state the pay award is backdated to 1 April and you have already left then as effectively you ended the contract voluntarily - in this case, no.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
I'd be very very surprised if any final agreement (for backdating pay) included anyone who has left the business but as TBT wisely states we would need to see the wording on any agreement. With my planned retirement looming in less than 3 months this backdating (assuming it happens) is something that may cause me to alter my plans re specific dates 
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
is a few hundred quid worth waiting for if you have something else lined up?
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
If I leave now?
With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
If I leave now?
you'll take away the biggest part of me.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
gward
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 21:11
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
Ooooh Alain, please don’t go.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
Oooooh Alain, I just want you to stay.
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
We had 10 start just before Christmas and only one remains I really think they are going to have a staff retention problem in the coming years due mainly to the way they treat peopleseaside wrote:With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
If I leave now?
Employers are legally obliged to pay everything owing to leavers, and if someone meets the qualifying criteria (of the award) they'll be paid.BeamishStout wrote:I'd be very very surprised if any final agreement (for backdating pay) included anyone who has left the business
RM being RM, you may have to contact the pay group and remind them...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
If it's backdated pay (which it will be) you'll be entitled to it up until your leaving date.
It's only usually with lump sums that a cut off staff in post date applies.
As Tman points out you'll probably have to do some chasing.
It's only usually with lump sums that a cut off staff in post date applies.
As Tman points out you'll probably have to do some chasing.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
If I leave now?
No s**t and they only reason I am staying is for the pay off when the kid's cannot do the job any more why should a 50 year old be expected to do it!30+YEARMAN wrote:We had 10 start just before Christmas and only one remains I really think they are going to have a staff retention problem in the coming years due mainly to the way they treat peopleseaside wrote:With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.
-
nudenut
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
- Gender: Male
If I leave now?
Amen to that brok979aaa wrote:No s**t and they only reason I am staying is for the pay off when the kid's cannot do the job any more why should a 50 year old be expected to do it!30+YEARMAN wrote:We had 10 start just before Christmas and only one remains I really think they are going to have a staff retention problem in the coming years due mainly to the way they treat peopleseaside wrote:With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.