ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DPD
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
DPD
here https://tamebay.com/2017/08/amazon-take ... arket.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; not that I endorse that site!
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
DPD
HA ! I know a DPD driver who has transferred to RM due to the poor t&c they have as self employed couriers.
They have to race against time to get the timed delivery’s done else the manager sat monitoring them calls them up breathing down their neck.
Also as self employed franchises drivers they are in charge of finding cover for holidays and sickness.
I’d rather be out in the fresh air walking around delivering than driving around like a loon trying to deliver 120 parcels a day ....
Rm are by far the better employer .... imo
They have to race against time to get the timed delivery’s done else the manager sat monitoring them calls them up breathing down their neck.
Also as self employed franchises drivers they are in charge of finding cover for holidays and sickness.
I’d rather be out in the fresh air walking around delivering than driving around like a loon trying to deliver 120 parcels a day ....
Rm are by far the better employer .... imo
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
DPD
Most of the DPD drivers use runners around my way because they can shift more parcels that way. Usually a family member and usually a teenager. The driver pays the runner out of his/her own pocket so probably about £30-40 for a shift.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share