ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2d early start
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
So Dom has people coming in half hr early to put d2d in but I've been refused because I'm too efficient it seems! Yet the trolley dollies get the silver spoon and get extra prep time and pay!How is that right?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
D2d early start
paying them to come in early to throw d2d in ?????????

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
slow down then and leave half hour at the end??
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
also too efficient usually means starting early for free. or running round
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
Or maybe he is coming in on time and doing the job properly while the others are dragging their feet and taking the piss , it's funny how people jump to conclusions on this site sometimes.loverman shabba wrote:also too efficient usually means starting early for free. or running round
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
NO NO NO it isn't right , 30 mins o/t to put your d2ds in ? why when you get paid a delivery supplement and they should be built into your daily workplan
, I wonder if his / her dsm knows they paying it 
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
D2d early start
Isn't it normal to work overtime on busy days?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
D2d early start
Resource to workload.worktotime wrote:NO NO NO it isn't right , 30 mins o/t to put your d2ds in ? why when you get paid a delivery supplement and they should be built into your daily workplan, I wonder if his / her dsm knows they paying it
If the workload is greater than the resource available then you have to increase the resource - what was called flexing up.
Perhaps the office has a large number od D2D contracts for the week in question or there have been failures that need to be addressed.
Whether they are being paid overtime for D2D prep or for throwing in the first wave is irrelevant.
It is a natural consequence of needing to increase the resource available for the indoor workload.
And what is all this crap about the Delivery Supplement? It is now 2018.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
D2d early start
Anymore than 2 D2D contracts we get paid OT to get them in.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
yesclashcityrocker wrote:Resource to workload.worktotime wrote:NO NO NO it isn't right , 30 mins o/t to put your d2ds in ? why when you get paid a delivery supplement and they should be built into your daily workplan, I wonder if his / her dsm knows they paying it
If the workload is greater than the resource available then you have to increase the resource - what was called flexing up.
Perhaps the office has a large number od D2D contracts for the week in question or there have been failures that need to be addressed.
Whether they are being paid overtime for D2D prep or for throwing in the first wave is irrelevant.
It is a natural consequence of needing to increase the resource available for the indoor workload.
And what is all this crap about the Delivery Supplement? It is now 2018.
yes if the workload is higher than there made up traffic figuers then pay bodies to come in on ips not to sling your own mail in , isnt your delivery supplement a payment for you to deliver your d2ds that's why you get 5-6 every week now because you would be earning £50 - £60 a week to do them ? so what has 2018 got to do with it ? because that wont change until they try taking it off us , anyway why would anybody want to help the dims , start on time and finish on time and what doesn't get done take it back. unless you want the o/t.
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
I start on time but I don't sit in my van hanging the job out like others,why should I not get the o/t just because I get a crack on?loverman shabba wrote:also too efficient usually means starting early for free. or running round
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
D2d early start
worktotime wrote:, isnt your delivery supplement a payment for you to deliver your d2ds t

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
You should get the overtime the same as the slow people, you shouldn't be punished for being good at your job. Get the early overtime, in half an hour you'll have your d2d and first mech in, could be a flyer on the cards or the chance for some ghostbensonhedge wrote:I start on time but I don't sit in my van hanging the job out like others,why should I not get the o/t just because I get a crack on?loverman shabba wrote:also too efficient usually means starting early for free. or running round
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
I was under the impression that twenty pounds of our wages per week is paid for us to do D2D every week of the year. And that everyone in the business gets that twenty pounds per week because it is 'fairer' - even if they have little or no contact with D2Ds. As opposed to the old regime where we used to get from 1.67p to 4.75p per item. Of course it would have been a lot more per item now if we had carried on that way.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
D2d early start
Well Slow down thenbensonhedge wrote:So Dom has people coming in half hr early to put d2d in but I've been refused because I'm too efficient it seems! Yet the trolley dollies get the silver spoon and get extra prep time and pay!How is that right?