ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Work place coaches

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Work place coaches

Post by Chelseablue »

Whats the point ? And how much money is actually wasted on this ? Views,,
Jonnydelta
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Aug 2015, 09:21
Gender: Male
Location: Huddersfield

Work place coaches

Post by Jonnydelta »

If yours are anything like mine they are good at picking up extra wages for sweet FA, you might want to ask yours if they offer coaching in how to post in a forum without duplication! :Applause
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by gunho »

The biggest waste of money since WCM. They do absolutely nothing
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Work place coaches

Post by maisymoo04 »

so you would say NO if they asked you to be one then ?? :whistle :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by wookie »

Waste of money. They think they are on a higher level then us. (delivery)
Kobi72
Posts: 43
Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by Kobi72 »

They get an extra £40 A week & do absolutely nothing...just a big waste of money
Spigot bearing
Posts: 83
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by Spigot bearing »

I haven't seen any in our office doing any coaching ever, extra pay for absolutely nothing, in fact most of them finish early, way earlier than the rest of us.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Work place coaches

Post by Destiny »

I’m now one so :Very Happy
Last edited by Destiny on 31 May 2019, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by BeamishStout »

WPC are used in my LDO as a tool (very appropriate term) by management to make their lives easier. They appear to be used for low-level misdemeanors such as missing a LC scan, missing a tracked scan, customer complaints and the like. They creep up to your frame silently and then pounce like a viper with their sheets produced by 'the system'. Got to say I have little respect for them selling their souls for an extra £30. I do admire their thick skins though. :thumbup

But the term Work Place Coaches could not be farther from the truth - perhaps WPT might be more appropriate :roll:
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Work place coaches

Post by maisymoo04 »

very true beamish :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by South_London_Postie »

Beamish,

I think the term “WPC” still fits the bill ;).
delfranklin1969
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by delfranklin1969 »

I have to agree, we had some new start casuals week before last and I was stuck with one and ended up running around babysitting the person, I always thought that whoever takes someone inexperienced out should get some form of extra payment instead of giving certain folk money for being a workplace coach when many of them never go near a new starter!
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by awesomepenguin »

Yet another badly thought out "agreement" between RM and CWU that is not fit for purpose. :arrrghhh
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Work place coaches

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

awesomepenguin wrote:Yet another badly thought out "agreement" between RM and CWU that is not fit for purpose. :arrrghhh
No. Badly applied by RM management. Because
delfranklin1969 wrote:I have to agree, we had some new start casuals week before last and I was stuck with one and ended up running around babysitting the person, I always thought that whoever takes someone inexperienced out should get some form of extra payment instead of giving certain folk money for being a workplace coach when many of them never go near a new starter!
Is correct. The coaching allowance is partly to train new starters, coach them as they bed in and as a point of contact for them if they have questions.

Its also right that there is a daily training allowance, it used to be £6 but that may have changed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

Work place coaches

Post by awesomepenguin »

Badly applied?

So you think that someone from the union sat in a room and thought it was a good idea to agree to a system where by someone gets paid an extra £30 a week regardless of whether or not they are actually training or coaching anyone? :arrrghhh