ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Work place coaches
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Work place coaches
Whats the point ? And how much money is actually wasted on this ? Views,,
-
Jonnydelta
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 20 Aug 2015, 09:21
- Gender: Male
- Location: Huddersfield
Work place coaches
If yours are anything like mine they are good at picking up extra wages for sweet FA, you might want to ask yours if they offer coaching in how to post in a forum without duplication! 
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
The biggest waste of money since WCM. They do absolutely nothing
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Work place coaches
so you would say NO if they asked you to be one then ??

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
Waste of money. They think they are on a higher level then us. (delivery)
-
Kobi72
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
They get an extra £40 A week & do absolutely nothing...just a big waste of money
-
Spigot bearing
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
I haven't seen any in our office doing any coaching ever, extra pay for absolutely nothing, in fact most of them finish early, way earlier than the rest of us.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Work place coaches
I’m now one so 
Last edited by Destiny on 31 May 2019, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
WPC are used in my LDO as a tool (very appropriate term) by management to make their lives easier. They appear to be used for low-level misdemeanors such as missing a LC scan, missing a tracked scan, customer complaints and the like. They creep up to your frame silently and then pounce like a viper with their sheets produced by 'the system'. Got to say I have little respect for them selling their souls for an extra £30. I do admire their thick skins though. 
But the term Work Place Coaches could not be farther from the truth - perhaps WPT might be more appropriate
But the term Work Place Coaches could not be farther from the truth - perhaps WPT might be more appropriate
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
Beamish,
I think the term “WPC” still fits the bill ;).
I think the term “WPC” still fits the bill ;).
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
I have to agree, we had some new start casuals week before last and I was stuck with one and ended up running around babysitting the person, I always thought that whoever takes someone inexperienced out should get some form of extra payment instead of giving certain folk money for being a workplace coach when many of them never go near a new starter!
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
Yet another badly thought out "agreement" between RM and CWU that is not fit for purpose. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Work place coaches
No. Badly applied by RM management. Becauseawesomepenguin wrote:Yet another badly thought out "agreement" between RM and CWU that is not fit for purpose.
Is correct. The coaching allowance is partly to train new starters, coach them as they bed in and as a point of contact for them if they have questions.delfranklin1969 wrote:I have to agree, we had some new start casuals week before last and I was stuck with one and ended up running around babysitting the person, I always thought that whoever takes someone inexperienced out should get some form of extra payment instead of giving certain folk money for being a workplace coach when many of them never go near a new starter!
Its also right that there is a daily training allowance, it used to be £6 but that may have changed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Work place coaches
Badly applied?
So you think that someone from the union sat in a room and thought it was a good idea to agree to a system where by someone gets paid an extra £30 a week regardless of whether or not they are actually training or coaching anyone?
So you think that someone from the union sat in a room and thought it was a good idea to agree to a system where by someone gets paid an extra £30 a week regardless of whether or not they are actually training or coaching anyone?