Hi guys first thread but need some help of you guys if any ones got experience with this
Currently on Jury and on my expenses form work ticked not to return to work for a half day or full day but to return if I'm released before the end of the 2weeks
I went in monday but was informed i wasn't needed tuesday so just presumed based on them ticking not to return to work for a full day i wouldn't need to. Went in again today but have been now told not needed Thu/fri but to ring again friday and see what the situation is for monday. I cant find out if I'm not needed the following day till after 5pm each day in which time the Dom would of left and i cant get hold of them anyway.
My concern is I'm not sure what to do as work are paying me a *loan* for loss of earnings which need to repay with my money from Jury pay.
But surely i won't receive money from them when I'm not in even if work said i cant return for a full day. My concern here is should i be letting work know on a day I'm not in and how will i stand financially at the end do i need to repay the full amount RM loan me or just the pay i get from court?
Thanks to any one who may know
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Jury Help
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Jury Help
Whenever I did it we just had to wait around all day in case we were needed. In your situation, if you want to make sure you don't lose out financially go in to work at your usual time tomorrow and see what they want you to do on the days the Courts don't want you in. They may say don't come back until released form Jury service but at least your covered either way! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Bigjj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 17 Jan 2018, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Jury Help
Its a tricky one i, not so hard up that one weeks wages would affect me too much although id only be payed £97 from them so far unless they do pay for a full day given they ticked not available. Its just more when i have to hand my sheet in from court and they see i was only there for 2/5days first week I'm worried about to be honest but cheers for reply. Its not been made clear enough with the pay like it should have been
-
red72
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Jury Help
I'm on my 3rd week of jury service and last Friday we were told that we weren't needed until 2pm the following Monday , I've just had a phone call this morning (11.25) from the court usher saying we aren't needed until tomorrow Tuesday, so I'm now going to be a day out of pocket !! 
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Jury Help
I recently did Jury and on the first week i was only there for one half day and one full day with three days of not been required. I got full pay off the court for these up to the maximum allowance since they ticked the do not return for a full day option so so should you. Enjoy the extra time offred72 wrote:I'm on my 3rd week of jury service and last Friday we were told that we weren't needed until 2pm the following Monday , I've just had a phone call this morning (11.25) from the court usher saying we aren't needed until tomorrow Tuesday, so I'm now going to be a day out of pocket !!
-
DICKIEG
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Jury Help
Just out of interest im in the same boat, what was the outcomepostman_jack wrote:Anyone know what happens if your selected for jury service and it falls on your rota week off. Asking for a colleague. He's worried now that he worked extra hours for nothing now as its tough luck its falling on rota week.