ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

personnal assurance benefits

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

personnal assurance benefits

Post by Postiebear »

Is anyone signed up to the personal assurance plan, It's weekly deducted from wages, I've been signed up to it for a while but been lucky enough I've never had to use it, I've misplaced my booklet I got when I joined and was wondering if anyone had a list of benefits that it covers?
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

personnal assurance benefits

Post by sixfoottwo »

Postiebear wrote:Is anyone signed up to the personal assurance plan, It's weekly deducted from wages, I've been signed up to it for a while but been lucky enough I've never had to use it, I've misplaced my booklet I got when I joined and was wondering if anyone had a list of benefits that it covers?
I can't help answering your main question however I too like you have been with them for years and never used them so was thinking of cancelling it but will wait to see If someone answers your question.

It's crept up to nearly a £5 a week!
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

personnal assurance benefits

Post by Justanotherstar »

I had it but even when I needed time in hospital for my other half it was so complicated to claim that I never bothered...called sheffield and had them cancel it after that.
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

personnal assurance benefits

Post by DGH »

In my opinion, the various conditions and requirements needed for them to pay out make it extremely unlikely that you would ever be eligible to claim. I don't think the way it is sold is very different to the way PPI etc was sold in the 90s, and in fact I think it's worse than most of those both in terms of disingenuity of selling and value for money. Were I either of you, I'd look long and hard at the policy again before deciding whether it's really worth continuing with.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

personnal assurance benefits

Post by Darren Bent »

Cancel mine as it is hard to get paperwork needed for make claim. Not worth the effort.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

personnal assurance benefits

Post by number one »

You guys must be over complicating things as I found it very very easy to claim. You will automatically have an account online with them so all you do is go on it and select request a claim form. The form then gets sent to your registered address. A few years ago I spend 14 days/nights in hospital and they paid me out £50 a night. I was then off work for 4 weeks after thats and they paid me £160 a week for each week I was off, this is as well as receiving my full time wage from Royal Mail. Not complicated at all.
PEDALCAR
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Jan 2018, 14:07
Gender: Male

personnal assurance benefits

Post by PEDALCAR »

Postiebear wrote:Is anyone signed up to the personal assurance plan, It's weekly deducted from wages, I've been signed up to it for a while but been lucky enough I've never had to use it, I've misplaced my booklet I got when I joined and was wondering if anyone had a list of benefits that it covers?
Although this original issue may be resolved, the following information is for anybody else wanting to cancel their agreement

Your quickest and easiest option is to ring HR on the number on back of your wageslip, (0345 6060603) at time of writing), and they will cancel it straightaway.

or try contacting:

Personal Group
899 Silbury Boulevard
Central Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
MK9 3XL

Telephone: 0800 542 5930 or 01908 201711

Email crm@personal-group.com

http://www.personal-group.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;