ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
union rep
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
union rep
A thankless job, you tell people to start on time, they come in a hour early. You tell people to take their breaks, not a chance. People finish 2 hours early then moan when they get 30 calls put on them. We might not agree with our union on certain things but imagine what it would be like without it.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
union rep
My opinion is that everyone who has an issue with management/procedures should utilize the rep. Sounds like there are a lot at my office who don't bother, shame as it undermines and weakens the union. If you want job protection, support and make use of your union rep.
-
sixfoottwo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 569
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
- Gender: Male
union rep
Depends on the Rep. I'm about to have in excess of 60 calls put on then another 60 in a month or two when new builds built only to raise this with Rep and be told just book it 
I don't want to do that as I have a life outside RM
I don't want to do that as I have a life outside RM
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
union rep
Thankless task I am a stand in Rep as the last Rep has left the business and I was his sub rep, we have banged on about coming in early creeping d2ds in their own time but it all falls on deaf ears the worst culprits are the moaners (normally the guys on easier walks higher up the seniority list) who bitch when they are giving something else to do. Well I to have had enough! advert for both positions and nomination forms are now on the board
Hopefully someone will take the poison chalice
Hopefully someone will take the poison chalice
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
union rep
Finding a good rep is like finding rocking horse s**t but the truth be known people don't make it easy for them. Most of the time you have to fight your own battles with management, be strong do the job properly and don't take any chances ie favours for customers work to your time and you should be ok
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
union rep
You have a contracted start time, you have allocated breaks and you have a finish time! Work to them. Use the over run procedure and bring back what you cant achieve in your time and when management see the work load is not manageable they will have to act. But if you make it work by coming in early, don't take breaks or even be happy to extend then nothing will get done.sixfoottwo wrote:Depends on the Rep. I'm about to have in excess of 60 calls put on then another 60 in a month or two when new builds built only to raise this with Rep and be told just book it
I don't want to do that as I have a life outside RM
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
union rep
Cut off at your finish time then . Its not rocket sciencesixfoottwo wrote:Depends on the Rep. I'm about to have in excess of 60 calls put on then another 60 in a month or two when new builds built only to raise this with Rep and be told just book it
I don't want to do that as I have a life outside RM
-
Wornoutpostie
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
- Gender: Male
union rep
Totally agree with that.....Stammerking wrote:Thankless task I am a stand in Rep as the last Rep has left the business and I was his sub rep, we have banged on about coming in early creeping d2ds in their own time but it all falls on deaf ears the worst culprits are the moaners (normally the guys on easier walks higher up the seniority list) who bitch when they are giving something else to do. Well I to have had enough! advert for both positions and nomination forms are now on the board![]()
Hopefully someone will take the poison chalice
That’s why I stepped down....
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
union rep
Your " 318" would have been constructed in accordance with your round at that time. Provided you are working by the book by starting and finishing on your duty time as overtime is voluntary and utilising the correct cutting off procedure and taking proper breaks then the increased calls will result in increased mails being returned which your manager will have to make a decision on.sixfoottwo wrote:Depends on the Rep. I'm about to have in excess of 60 calls put on then another 60 in a month or two when new builds built only to raise this with Rep and be told just book it
I don't want to do that as I have a life outside RM
Once the increased round takes effect you can request that your round be tested and nip it in the bud before the amount of mail you are returning results in undue pressure and bullying from your manager.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
union rep
No one tends to take notice of the "SLOW DOWN" message. Union rep in our office was saying it maybe fifteen years ago for years but gave up in the end. Watch out for faster posties being given the job of testing your walk. They tend to come out with comments about walks not being that much longer and nothing gets done.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
union rep
Be careful with that one, never a good idea to get your walk tested if its already fair & within reason. They will find a way to make it part of your duty no matter what.rehabron wrote: Once the increased round takes effect you can request that your round be tested and nip it in the bud before the amount of mail you are returning results in undue pressure and bullying from your manager.
So....Don't do it off the bat, you want docket (you will then be basically stuck with it), or the old one " if I have time will see at duty end" my favourite & most productive