Is there any kind of rule in place that suggests that firms mail has to be delivered first or as early as possible?
Last week, we were running late and as I had no specials on my firms but did on the delivery part of my duty (plus loads of packets) I left my firms until the last loop.
The next day when I went there a woman appeared and asked my why they got their mail at 2.30pm the previous day. I explained but wasn't impressed with her sense of entitlement.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Firms
-
mw7485
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
- Gender: Female
Firms
As far as I am ware, there is no entitlement to first dibs for businesses. Personally, I try and get to businesses as early as practical, but at the end of the day, they are another customer in exactly the same way Joe Bloggs is and therefore do not loose sleep if they end up as the last delivery point for the day.Mr Blonde wrote:Is there any kind of rule in place that suggests that firms mail has to be delivered first or as early as possible?
Last week, we were running late and as I had no specials on my firms but did on the delivery part of my duty (plus loads of packets) I left my firms until the last loop.
The next day when I went there a woman appeared and asked my why they got their mail at 2.30pm the previous day. I explained but wasn't impressed with her sense of entitlement.
-
thekiddykid
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Firms
i have a few firms on my duty and there is no doubt some of the front of house staff are a pleasure to deal with. On the other hand some need serious customer service training (or is it just they look down their nose at us). Needless to say the pleasant calls tend to be delivered much earlier on my walk. The others I just put off till later 
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Firms
^What he said, unless you're explicitly told this is an early firm & must be delivered by a certain time then they get their mail, when they get their mail.Creditshampoo wrote:Unless they pay for early delivery they can suck it
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Firms
In the past I have been on a couple of walks, once with a ordinary customer & once with a firm/address with a business running from it, where the order of the frame was changed to get the mail to them earlier. That was a number of years ago though and doesn't happen anymore.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.