ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave allocation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
St1983
Posts: 21
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 21:12
Gender: Female

Annual leave allocation

Post by St1983 »

Hi there,
I've been at this job for 6months now, just trying to sort out my annual leave for next year. I have purchased an additional 2weeks leave. Have just been told by my manager that only one of my weeks that I requested has been granted. I need the other weeks as I have childcare issues, what can I do? I have told them I dnt mind taking it unpaid as parental leave, can they deny me this? They allocate annual leave by seniority, can they do this? Seems very unfair.

Thanks in advance
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Annual leave allocation

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 77#p796077" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you got a reply to your previous post on the original thread.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.