ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stage interview

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Stage interview

Post by jd9442 »

Haven’t been off for about two months?
When I returned I was told my stage interview would happen ‘tomorrow’
Still nothing, I was off for several things I won’t be able to remember time lines etc
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Stage interview

Post by rehabron »

jd9442 wrote:Haven’t been off for about two months?
When I returned I was told my stage interview would happen ‘tomorrow’
Still nothing, I was off for several things I won’t be able to remember time lines etc
Finding it difficult to follow your post as you state you haven't been off for 2 months and therefore you have returned to work 2 months ago which I am assuming that your stage interview that would happen tomorrow has still mot taken place from 2 months ago.
You should have received written notification that you should attend for formal stage prompt as your absences have triggered RM standards and given the opportunity for representation.
Attached to this letter would be a detailed absence history that the interviewer will be referring to and giving you the opportunity to challenge the absences and if there is consideration for mitigating circumstances.
2 months is well in excess for advisement of a stage interview and you need to notify your union representative accordingly.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Stage interview

Post by jd9442 »

Sorry for not explaining it too well
So about 2 months ago I returned to work and was advised my stage interview would happen the week I returned
2 months later I’ve heard nothing else
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Stage interview

Post by rehabron »

jd9442 wrote:Sorry for not explaining it too well
So about 2 months ago I returned to work and was advised my stage interview would happen the week I returned
2 months later I’ve heard nothing else
Sometimes best to leave well alone
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Stage interview

Post by Creditshampoo »

I’d leave it