ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Army Reserve

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Army Reserve

Post by DRM »

What are RM like for people that want to join the reserves?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Army Reserve

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

As with most things RM, it all depends on the local manager, but nationally they are very good indeed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Army Reserve

Post by DRM »

Thanks for reply. I've done a bit of reading up, and Royal Mail seem to be on board and 'supportive' of reservists. I guess my next step is to speak with DOM.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Army Reserve

Post by South_London_Postie »

They’re fine until you need a day off.
Your late today
Posts: 57
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
Gender: Male

Army Reserve

Post by Your late today »

Trouble is most reservists want Saturday off and that’s a big ask these days, I was a reservist once it’s very challenging and good fun you work hard play hard, go for it and good luck monies ok as well.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Army Reserve

Post by DRM »

Thank you. I'm really up for the challenge. Just looking in to what role I'd Like. Thankfully there are a few units in my area.
I did wonder about the Saturdays, but hopefully that'll work out somehow!!
It's something I really want to do and hope work doesn't scupper that.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Army Reserve

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2016/0 ... 80%99s-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Army Reserve

Post by DRM »

Thanks POSTMAN for that. Interesting read, and that RM do support reservists.
I'm just wondering, do I mention to DOM that I'm planning to join or wait until I have???
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Army Reserve

Post by yellowbelly »

DRM wrote:......... Just looking in to what role I'd Like. Thankfully there are a few units in my area.
How about 162 Regt RLC - Postal & Courier capability :wink: http://www.army.mod.uk/logistic/regiments/30789.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/royal-l ... r-operator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously though go for it, you'll have a fantastic time!
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Army Reserve

Post by DRM »

Thank you yellowbelly, thats just what I want to do in my spare time ha ha.