ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Army Reserve
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Army Reserve
What are RM like for people that want to join the reserves?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Army Reserve
As with most things RM, it all depends on the local manager, but nationally they are very good indeed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Army Reserve
Thanks for reply. I've done a bit of reading up, and Royal Mail seem to be on board and 'supportive' of reservists. I guess my next step is to speak with DOM.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Army Reserve
They’re fine until you need a day off.
-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Army Reserve
Trouble is most reservists want Saturday off and that’s a big ask these days, I was a reservist once it’s very challenging and good fun you work hard play hard, go for it and good luck monies ok as well.
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Army Reserve
Thank you. I'm really up for the challenge. Just looking in to what role I'd Like. Thankfully there are a few units in my area.
I did wonder about the Saturdays, but hopefully that'll work out somehow!!
It's something I really want to do and hope work doesn't scupper that.
I did wonder about the Saturdays, but hopefully that'll work out somehow!!
It's something I really want to do and hope work doesn't scupper that.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Army Reserve
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2016/0 ... 80%99s-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Army Reserve
Thanks POSTMAN for that. Interesting read, and that RM do support reservists.
I'm just wondering, do I mention to DOM that I'm planning to join or wait until I have???
I'm just wondering, do I mention to DOM that I'm planning to join or wait until I have???
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Army Reserve
How about 162 Regt RLC - Postal & Courier capabilityDRM wrote:......... Just looking in to what role I'd Like. Thankfully there are a few units in my area.
https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/royal-l ... r-operator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seriously though go for it, you'll have a fantastic time!
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Army Reserve
Thank you yellowbelly, thats just what I want to do in my spare time ha ha.