ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Justsayit
-
foxyjarvis
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 22:53
- Gender: Male
Justsayit
I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Justsayit
send another asking is this how these things are dealt with within the company ? , by not replying and allowing these people to do what they want ? . stick at it and don't give up until you get summat back . good luck.foxyjarvis wrote:I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Justsayit
I agree that you send your original email & add that you understand the delay is probably due to the Xmas period.worktotime wrote:send another asking is this how these things are dealt with within the company ? , by not replying and allowing these people to do what they want ? . stick at it and don't give up until you get summat back . good luck.foxyjarvis wrote:I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
You will most likely receive a response by a channel manager, On behalf of Moya, giving assurance the matter is being investigated. My experience was that the complaint is then passed on to your manager, or above, to deal with !
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Justsayit
I don't think that I stated anywhere that she does personally attend to emails. I was merely making a remark that should such a serious email arrive that might need her intervention, would she in fact be there to provide her undoubted knowledge and experience. 
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Justsayit
Have you tried the grievance process? That is supposed to cover this sort of personal matter, as well as many other work-related matters. It does not always work as you would like however, but it may help if another issue along similar lines occurs.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Justsayit
I have no doubt that your issue is serious , but as one of the other correspondents on this thread has pointed out it will in all likelihood be passed back to your area for them to deal with, I know, I've been there. I can, as far as I am able to, guarantee you she will not see your email, that's why she has a team of people who deal with these matters.Lincox wrote:I don't think that I stated anywhere that she does personally attend to emails. I was merely making a remark that should such a serious email arrive that might need her intervention, would she in fact be there to provide her undoubted knowledge and experience.
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Justsayit
All they do is have a guy called Steven who phones your manager about the issue bring raised then sends you an email to say your manager will talk to you about it, load of b....cks but does take a few weeks to reply
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Justsayit
Roger,rogersh wrote:I agree that you send your original email & add that you understand the delay is probably due to the Xmas period.worktotime wrote:send another asking is this how these things are dealt with within the company ? , by not replying and allowing these people to do what they want ? . stick at it and don't give up until you get summat back . good luck.foxyjarvis wrote:I had a personal matter over Xmas that was handled in a wilful and vindictive manner by my manager and line manager. I wrote to Moya Greene, it's been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't even had an acknowledgement. Was I wasting my time, and what should I do next?
You will most likely receive a response by a channel manager, On behalf of Moya, giving assurance the matter is being investigated. My experience was that the complaint is then passed on to your manager, or above, to deal with !
"understand the delay is probably due to the Xmas period" has got f**k all to do with it.
Either they deal with such matters in a proper and timely manner or they don't.
"On behalf of Moya" means by some dogsbody in the so called "Executive Resolution Team" at 100 Victoria Embankment, EC4Y 0HQ.
Don't hold your breath.
Last edited by Lounge Lizard on 10 Jan 2018, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.