ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Training Course

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Training Course

Post by doorstepped »

Evening All.

I have got a 3 day training course to do in a few weeks and need a bit of advice.

the course is in London with a 9am start and I will be travelling by car each day.

it will take me approx 90 mins to get to the course and it finishes at 17:00 each day, so another 90 mins return ( traffic permitting )

so do my daily hours start at 07:30 and finish at 18:30ish or 9am to 17:00? have been having a discussion with my DOM about it and I believe I am right but just need to make sure I am.

also, travel expences, I know I get a certain amount per mile but I will be taking another person with me, do I also get an allowance for their travel as well? and maybe a sustenance allowance?

Thanks :)
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Training Course

Post by Lounge Lizard »

But if you chose not to use your car surely Royal Mail would pay your train fare :thumbup and a couple of nights in a hotel. :nana
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Training Course

Post by doorstepped »

sadly due to childcare commitments and my wife works nights I can't do that.
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Training Course

Post by beanmuncha »

You should be paid from you leave your house or DO and until you return, so from 7.30 till 18.30 and yes you claim for passenger.
I have done similar and got it sorted. But as stated if possible you could use train/bus and claim fare.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Training Course

Post by maisymoo04 »

why should you get an allowance for ??? :cuppa :cuppa
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Training Course

Post by doorstepped »

when on Official union business I get a sustenance payment if the day runs over 6 hours, so just wondered if RM do the same thing.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Training Course

Post by maisymoo04 »

:Applause :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"