ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Time off for death in family

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Time off for death in family

Post by ScousePostie »

I'm just wondering where I can find documents that relate to having time off for a death in the family. How long off can we have etc? Does the union or Royal Mail have anything like this?

Thanks.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Time off for death in family

Post by Celgar »

There are specifics on this which someone will link I expect. I think if its immediate family then you take as much time off as you need to get yourself back in control. Condolences for your loss.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Time off for death in family

Post by rehabron »

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Time off for death in family

Post by rehabron »

• Bereavement: If an employee loses somebody close to them, be supportive, sensitive and accommodating,
giving them time to deal with their loss. The amount of time required will vary depending on the relationship
and the circumstances of the bereavement. For immediate family members (spouse, partner, sibling,
child, parent), offer up to one week off with full pay. For other family members (e.g. grandparents or
parents-in-law), offer a paid day off to attend the funeral. For wider family and friends, help to facilitate
shift-swaps, agree for the employee to make the time up, or offer one unpaid day off/one day
of holiday to attend the funeral/*