Skidded on black ice this morning on way to work, lost control, mounted a kirb and smashed into a stone pillar.
Was shaken but not hurt(although I’m not a doctor of course!)
Got out the car eventually, rang a family member and then the manager
Response ‘you need to get to work’
Not ‘OMG ARE YOU OK?!’ Lol
‘Keep your phone on and I’ll get someone to pick you up’
Not ‘get yourself to a doctor’
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Crash bang wallop
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Crash bang wallop
Typical of a manager! They dont give a toss about the health and well being of their staff only that the mail goes out and they earn their bloody bonus!!!!jd9442 wrote:Skidded on black ice this morning on way to work, lost control, mounted a kirb and smashed into a stone pillar.
Was shaken but not hurt(although I’m not a doctor of course!)
Got out the car eventually, rang a family member and then the manager
Response ‘you need to get to work’
Not ‘OMG ARE YOU OK?!’ Lol
‘Keep your phone on and I’ll get someone to pick you up’
Not ‘get yourself to a doctor’
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Crash bang wallop
What? That's terrible. Did he expect you to just leave your car there on the pavement, wrapped around a pillar, until you'd finished your duty?
I trust you left a note in the windscreen, 'will remove crashed vehicle once Moya has been served.'
Hope you're all right and the motor isn't too costly to fix.
I trust you left a note in the windscreen, 'will remove crashed vehicle once Moya has been served.'
Hope you're all right and the motor isn't too costly to fix.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Crash bang wallop
Well first thing you will feel Ok apart from the car's appearance or state of driveabilty but as you rest your mussels in your neck and back will be sore because you tore them in the impact so keep moving but don't work you will only hinder your recovery if you do so. As to manager he's a right lazy twat need's to get his priorities right probably don't know his arse from his elbow type manager!jd9442 wrote:Skidded on black ice this morning on way to work, lost control, mounted a kirb and smashed into a stone pillar.
Was shaken but not hurt(although I’m not a doctor of course!)
Got out the car eventually, rang a family member and then the manager
Response ‘you need to get to work’
Not ‘OMG ARE YOU OK?!’ Lol
‘Keep your phone on and I’ll get someone to pick you up’
Not ‘get yourself to a doctor’
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Crash bang wallop
Now actually feeling neck pain, it’s the weekend though and I’m on a stage from plantar, argh
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Crash bang wallop
Don't worry about the stage worry about your health good luck and all the best.jd9442 wrote:Now actually feeling neck pain, it’s the weekend though and I’m on a stage from plantar, argh
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Crash bang wallop
that attitude would have made me take at least a week off sick, cheeky sod
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Crash bang wallop
Unfortunately this managers attitude does not surprise me!
Years ago when I first started and bikes where still in use
I got knocked off mine when setting out for delivery. Luckily it was at very low speed and although a bit shaken I wasn't injured. The driver stopped to help and even put my post bike and bag in his small van and took me back to the office, where what had happened was explained to my manager.
The manager at the times, response straight after was "are you able to go back out on your round"
I was so shocked and disgusted I said "no" and went sick for the day.
All some managers care about is getting the mail delivered not the well being of the employee. Deliver until you drop down dead I think is their motto
Years ago when I first started and bikes where still in use
The manager at the times, response straight after was "are you able to go back out on your round"
All some managers care about is getting the mail delivered not the well being of the employee. Deliver until you drop down dead I think is their motto
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.