ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bereaved while on sick
-
swintontillidie
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 14:14
Bereaved while on sick
Had a family bereavement while on the sick.I was planning to return to work a couple of days after the bereavement.What allowance will I get if any assuming im organising the funeral.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Bereaved while on sick
Minimum of 1-weeks special leave. It happened to me 2 years ago, I was on leave and just extended it by another week. You have to tell them you are organising the funeral and looking after the relatives affairs.swintontillidie wrote:Had a family bereavement while on the sick.I was planning to return to work a couple of days after the bereavement.What allowance will I get if any assuming im organising the funeral.
You, of course, have my deepest condolences.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Bereaved while on sick
Sending my condolences and deepest sympathy. If you are still on sick until after the funeral, then I'm afraid you will not get any paid special leave as sick leave takes priority. I know, I've just been through it myself. It's not 'right' but it's the rules. It also depends on the family member as to how much paid special leave they can issue, presuming you come off sick first that is.swintontillidie wrote:Had a family bereavement while on the sick.I was planning to return to work a couple of days after the bereavement.What allowance will I get if any assuming im organising the funeral.
Bereavement, I've discovered, hits you in many ways and on different time scales, you may feel fine now and 3 weeks down the road, fall to pieces, or visa versa. Most important thing for you is to look after yourself and your loved ones at this time. Atb.