ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Threatened with assault on delivery!
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Threatened with assault on delivery!
Today whilst on delivery I parked my van outside a house which has no path and I was right next to the house got out and did my loop which takes 20 minutes. On coming back to the van the chap who rents the house came upto me very aggressively shouting and claiming I had blocked his front door which I had not, anyway after having to endure him effing and blinding I told him that delivery would be suspended from me and to collect his mail from the office 6 miles away. This obviously went down well and apparently he was going to knock my block off. I walked away feeling well pissed off that an individual had abused me. Got back to the office but obviously no managers about . Where do I stand tomorrow should I have reported to the police and do I have to deliver to his house I am feeling quite anxious tomorrow as I kept my calm today but I was feeling rather chilled today tomorrow might be different
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
I’d say you telling him deliveries will be suspended was a bit of a mistake as you can’t make that decision but you already know that, heat in the moment I guess.
I’d ring 101 tomorrow and report it as he did threaten you, and management should sort it out for you, I know they’re useless most of the time but with stuff like this they normally help out quite a lot.
I’d ring 101 tomorrow and report it as he did threaten you, and management should sort it out for you, I know they’re useless most of the time but with stuff like this they normally help out quite a lot.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
Be interested to hear what the DOM says/does about this. At the end of the day your safety is the be all & end all. I f you genuinely think there's a possibility of him assaulting you then you should ask to do another walk for the rest of the week while the DOM sorts it out. I don't think it would be unreasonable to refuse to go near this fellas house in the meantime. Get your rep/area rep to back you up. Let us know how it pans out. Whatever you do don't lamp him one - unless its self defence and you've got witnesses!
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Threatened with assault on delivery!
I was not only threatened with violence on delivery, but actually assaulted. The reason? I refused to look through my pouch and hand over an unemployment giro (it was a few years ago) to somebody who stopped me in the street and demanded it. I reported it to the police, identified him from a catalogue of mugshots, and he went down for 3 months.
While he was awaiting trial his mail was suspended and he had to travel a couple of miles to pick it up.
I would report it to the police if only to inconvenience and worry the idiot when they invite him to be interviewed.
While he was awaiting trial his mail was suspended and he had to travel a couple of miles to pick it up.
I would report it to the police if only to inconvenience and worry the idiot when they invite him to be interviewed.
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
He said that he told him that delivery would be suspended to that address by him, which is a decision he can make.. at least until the situation has been resolved.Creditshampoo wrote:I’d say you telling him deliveries will be suspended was a bit of a mistake as you can’t make that decision but you already know that, heat in the moment I guess.
I’d ring 101 tomorrow and report it as he did threaten you, and management should sort it out for you, I know they’re useless most of the time but with stuff like this they normally help out quite a lot.
You can refuse to enter a property if you don't feel safe, I'd say an aggressive home owner is just as bad if not worse than an aggressive or loose animal.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
Report it to the police , you were trying to do your job and idiots like this shouldn't be allowed to abuse or threaten others
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Threatened with assault on delivery!
Managers were typed out a letter to the address about the concerns of the company and anymore incidents and delivery may be suspended
. After delivering the letter and continuing on my loop, when I came back he was hanging about his car but no eye contact wish the police would visit his address his front tyres are bald as a coot!!
Struggling to get a name as he never gets any mail addressed to him just his partner.
Struggling to get a name as he never gets any mail addressed to him just his partner.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
Theres always some dipstick out there who will try and cause us problems in one way or another. You can't suspend their deliveries but you don't have to post anything if you don't feel safe or if there might be any repercussions based on what happened.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
postmandick
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
many years ago I too was Threatened by the local idiot ........ I calmly turned around got back in van and carried on my delivery
Phoned my manager and told him what had happened
when i got back to office he was still there ( a rare occurrence )
he listened to what I had to say and agreed he was a knob but suspended deliveries to the whole street (Cul-de-sack) which was about 14 houses's and then I had to deliver a letter to each house telling them why and to pick up there post from the sorting office (7 miles away) and my manager wrote to the Housing Charity explaining why ....
within a week the neighbors got fed up and the knobs antics, got him removed from the house
so long story short
Don't put up with any abuse and if your manager wont do anything about it go to your union or to another manger further up the food chain
Phoned my manager and told him what had happened
when i got back to office he was still there ( a rare occurrence )
he listened to what I had to say and agreed he was a knob but suspended deliveries to the whole street (Cul-de-sack) which was about 14 houses's and then I had to deliver a letter to each house telling them why and to pick up there post from the sorting office (7 miles away) and my manager wrote to the Housing Charity explaining why ....
within a week the neighbors got fed up and the knobs antics, got him removed from the house
so long story short
Don't put up with any abuse and if your manager wont do anything about it go to your union or to another manger further up the food chain
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
I love the way your manager suspended deliveries to the whole street, but you then had to deliver letters telling them of this outcome. 
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Threatened with assault on delivery!
It happened to a reserve on my duty a few years ago. The next day we went down to the street concerned mob-handed, me, the rep and the manager and delivered the suspension letters together.crimson king wrote:I love the way your manager suspended deliveries to the whole street, but you then had to deliver letters telling them of this outcome.
The weird thing was on the way past this street about an hour later, the "offender" apologised to me as he had an earful from the locals, he also apologised to the reserve. Deliveries were not suspended and I and no one else has had any bother since.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Threatened with assault on delivery!
Nice, I like that! That's proper solidarity that isTrueBlueTerrier wrote:It happened to a reserve on my duty a few years ago. The next day we went down to the street concerned mob-handed, me, the rep and the manager and delivered the suspension letters together.crimson king wrote:I love the way your manager suspended deliveries to the whole street, but you then had to deliver letters telling them of this outcome.
The weird thing was on the way past this street about an hour later, the "offender" apologised to me as he had an earful from the locals, he also apologised to the reserve. Deliveries were not suspended and I and no one else has had any bother since.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.