ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
-
ploppy
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
Asking if there are many other people out there with shoulder and arm problems caused by using the LWT?
Of the 5 LWT duties in our office 4 of us are experiencing these problems.I had an operation last year for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and that did alleviate it for about 9 months.But now it has returned worse than ever and at nights I am constantly woken with shoulder and arm cramps.I would like to know is this common among regular users?
Of the 5 LWT duties in our office 4 of us are experiencing these problems.I had an operation last year for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and that did alleviate it for about 9 months.But now it has returned worse than ever and at nights I am constantly woken with shoulder and arm cramps.I would like to know is this common among regular users?
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
Do you mean the hct trollies the big ones with the lids or the small lwt ones that you hang 2 bags off
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
no , ive used lwt for about 7 years now and ive not had any issues when pushing it , but pulling it did give me problems.
-
ploppy
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
Strange because I never had any problems with my shoulder/arm until switching from driving to walking with one of those.
We have been told that pulling is the correct method.We must be doing something wrong for it to be affecting 4 out of 5 of us.
By the time I have walked 15 miles with it pulling it up kerbs and round various obstacles my shoulder is killing me.
We have been told that pulling is the correct method.We must be doing something wrong for it to be affecting 4 out of 5 of us.
By the time I have walked 15 miles with it pulling it up kerbs and round various obstacles my shoulder is killing me.
-
flimflamman
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 07:01
- Gender: Female
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
i have similar arm/shoulder problems since i started using the LWT,but only with the arm that i carry the bundle of mail with,must be the odd angle you have to hold your arm so as not to drop any mail,seem to remember that at the introduction of P&L and the use of trolleys that the union were looking into the possible future possible effects of physical/skeletal damage due to this new way of working as a matter of urgency.........as per usual nothing done
-
ploppy
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
We don't do the park and loop thing.We get dropped off at the start of our duties and then hopefully there is someone to pick you up at the end.Otherwise it's an extra mile walk back to the office.
-
barrychuckle
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
So your delivery is two bags in total on a lightweight trolley. I want a transfer.ploppy wrote:We don't do the park and loop thing.We get dropped off at the start of our duties and then hopefully there is someone to pick you up at the end.Otherwise it's an extra mile walk back to the office.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
I wonder what is the right thing to do: push or pull the LWTs?
I always push them now, because if you pull them then the mail might drop out without you noticing.
I always push them now, because if you pull them then the mail might drop out without you noticing.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
Interested-seeker wrote:I wonder what is the right thing to do: push or pull the LWTs.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=46762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;ploppy wrote:We have been told that pulling is the correct method.We must be doing something wrong for it to be affecting 4 out of 5 of us.
the preferred method of use is to pull the LWT it has now been jointly evaluated that it is safe and permissible to push the LWT in certain circumstances.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
I sustained mental torture when it dawned on me my 30 minute loops where going to take me longer and my fellow colleagues where all going home on a flyer and was forced to retire my trolley to a life round the back of the bike shed.
-
ploppy
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
If only that were the case.We have bag boxes along the route to replen. I assumed that is what happened everywhere.barrychuckle wrote:So your delivery is two bags in total on a lightweight trolley. I want a transfer.ploppy wrote:We don't do the park and loop thing.We get dropped off at the start of our duties and then hopefully there is someone to pick you up at the end.Otherwise it's an extra mile walk back to the office.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
and covering the wheels in dog shite as well ,Interested-seeker wrote:I wonder what is the right thing to do: push or pull the LWTs?
I always push them now, because if you pull them then the mail might drop out without you noticing.
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
Weigh them in for scrap. Use bags with small loops. Nobody in our office does it the way planners intended
-
Hammer59
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
I had problems with my shoulder when pulling them. My physio said it would be better pushing them. I have had an operation on my shoulder and since recovering from that I now only push them.
-
Hammer59
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Injuries through lightweight trolley.
I had problems with my shoulder when pulling them. My physio said it would be better pushing them. I have had an operation on my shoulder and since recovering from that I now only push them.