Was on the sick during what would have been my holidays, what happens to those now?
Also, where can I see when my holidays are?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
Was it self cert or with a sick note aka fit note?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
They are your holidays so you keep them.jd9442 wrote:Was on the sick during what would have been my holidays, what happens to those now?
Also, where can I see when my holidays are?
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
You get them back. As for when your leave is, ask you DOM for a print out.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
if your on the sick why does it matter op is entitled to his holidays.Mobey wrote:Was it self cert or with a sick note aka fit note?
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
Because if it's self cert there's a chance you can't get it back. But if it's on a fit note, you accrue your statutory entitlement of holiday back.
It's up to you if you take sick leave on your annual leave, same goes if you want to take annual leave instead of sick leave. It's your choice.
It's up to you if you take sick leave on your annual leave, same goes if you want to take annual leave instead of sick leave. It's your choice.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
Surely if hes on the sick he cant take his leave and why would you. if your on sick while off on leave why eould you say you are off sick.Mobey wrote:Because if it's self cert there's a chance you can't get it back. But if it's on a fit note, you accrue your statutory entitlement of holiday back.
It's up to you if you take sick leave on your annual leave, same goes if you want to take annual leave instead of sick leave. It's your choice.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
it was a doctors note
is there any chance of holidays 'running out'?
like do i need to use them before a certain date?
is there any chance of holidays 'running out'?
like do i need to use them before a certain date?
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
DOM can agree to carry them over to next year or you have to take them before April. If you need to take the next 3 months off so be it.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
This will help with the legal requirements.
https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
supposed to be used before april but you can carry days over shoud be 5 alhough again depends on your managerjd9442 wrote:it was a doctors note
is there any chance of holidays 'running out'?
like do i need to use them before a certain date?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
So I am entitled to not carry over any leave at all?
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?
The carrying over of 5 days of your annual leave entitlement into the next financial year is in the Way Forward Agreement but it is not compulsory.Creditshampoo wrote:So I am entitled to not carry over any leave at all?
If you have more than 5 days of annual leave outstanding by the end of the financial year 31st March 2018 then there is the possibility you may lose the extra days unless due to operational needs the office was unable to allow your leave days and you reach an agreement with your manager.