ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by jd9442 »

Was on the sick during what would have been my holidays, what happens to those now?

Also, where can I see when my holidays are?
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by Mobey »

Was it self cert or with a sick note aka fit note?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by aiden01 »

jd9442 wrote:Was on the sick during what would have been my holidays, what happens to those now?

Also, where can I see when my holidays are?
They are your holidays so you keep them.
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

You get them back. As for when your leave is, ask you DOM for a print out.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by aiden01 »

Mobey wrote:Was it self cert or with a sick note aka fit note?
if your on the sick why does it matter op is entitled to his holidays.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by Mobey »

Because if it's self cert there's a chance you can't get it back. But if it's on a fit note, you accrue your statutory entitlement of holiday back.

It's up to you if you take sick leave on your annual leave, same goes if you want to take annual leave instead of sick leave. It's your choice.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by aiden01 »

Mobey wrote:Because if it's self cert there's a chance you can't get it back. But if it's on a fit note, you accrue your statutory entitlement of holiday back.

It's up to you if you take sick leave on your annual leave, same goes if you want to take annual leave instead of sick leave. It's your choice.
Surely if hes on the sick he cant take his leave and why would you. if your on sick while off on leave why eould you say you are off sick.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by jd9442 »

it was a doctors note
is there any chance of holidays 'running out'?
like do i need to use them before a certain date?
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

DOM can agree to carry them over to next year or you have to take them before April. If you need to take the next 3 months off so be it.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by Mobey »

This will help with the legal requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by aiden01 »

jd9442 wrote:it was a doctors note
is there any chance of holidays 'running out'?
like do i need to use them before a certain date?
supposed to be used before april but you can carry days over shoud be 5 alhough again depends on your manager
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by Creditshampoo »

So I am entitled to not carry over any leave at all?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

What happens to my holidays if I was on the sick for a while?

Post by rehabron »

Creditshampoo wrote:So I am entitled to not carry over any leave at all?
The carrying over of 5 days of your annual leave entitlement into the next financial year is in the Way Forward Agreement but it is not compulsory.
If you have more than 5 days of annual leave outstanding by the end of the financial year 31st March 2018 then there is the possibility you may lose the extra days unless due to operational needs the office was unable to allow your leave days and you reach an agreement with your manager.