At our place, we get random days off and get told the week before the next.
If I have an event on a Saturday in a few months time and I ask for my day off that week to be on the Saturday, can they make me use a holiday
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Day off during the week
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Day off during the week
Depends on your lino or whoever does your manning plot. Three possible answers:jd9442 wrote:At our place, we get random days off and get told the week before the next.
If I have an event on a Saturday in a few months time and I ask for my day off that week to be on the Saturday, can they make me use a holiday
1. "Yes, it'll be your day off" - Get in in writing/text message!
2. "'I'll see what I can do" and keep you hanging on for months, ask you to do extra lapsing week in week out 'because you want that Saturday off don't you?'
3. "Day or holiday not a chance, I've done the manning plot for the whole year and I'm not changing it now!!
-
beerhamilton
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 11 May 2011, 18:31
- Gender: Male
Day off during the week
Take your rep in to see the Dom, you should have one long weekend in 6. If you want a Saturday off in a couple of months time and not had one off for ha few months, your rep should sort that out.yellowbelly wrote:Depends on your lino or whoever does your manning plot. Three possible answers:jd9442 wrote:At our place, we get random days off and get told the week before the next.
If I have an event on a Saturday in a few months time and I ask for my day off that week to be on the Saturday, can they make me use a holiday
1. "Yes, it'll be your day off" - Get in in writing/text message!
2. "'I'll see what I can do" and keep you hanging on for months, ask you to do extra lapsing week in week out 'because you want that Saturday off don't you?'
3. "Day or holiday not a chance, I've done the manning plot for the whole year and I'm not changing it now!!![]()
"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Day off during the week
Me personal advice, if you want that Saturday off, book it as annual leave to make sure you get it. If they then give you that day as a rostered day off you will be given the days annual leave back, if they don't then you'll have 2 days off that week.jd9442 wrote:At our place, we get random days off and get told the week before the next.
If I have an event on a Saturday in a few months time and I ask for my day off that week to be on the Saturday, can they make me use a holiday
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Day off during the week
jd - pardon my previous (and perhaps flippant) response but I've heard all those answers.yellowbelly wrote:Depends on your lino or whoever does your manning plot. Three possible answers:jd9442 wrote:At our place, we get random days off and get told the week before the next.
If I have an event on a Saturday in a few months time and I ask for my day off that week to be on the Saturday, can they make me use a holiday
1. "Yes, it'll be your day off" - Get in in writing/text message!
2. "'I'll see what I can do" and keep you hanging on for months, ask you to do extra lapsing week in week out 'because you want that Saturday off don't you?'
3. "Day or holiday not a chance, I've done the manning plot for the whole year and I'm not changing it now!!![]()
"
Keep a record of the Saturdays you've had off and follow beerhamiltions advice or ultimately to make sure take TBT's advice and book as days holiday.
-
beerhamilton
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 11 May 2011, 18:31
- Gender: Male
Day off during the week
One long weekend in 6 that’s the agreement,so would it be unreasonable to want and get 1 every now and again no.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Me personal advice, if you want that Saturday off, book it as annual leave to make sure you get it. If they then give you that day as a rostered day off you will be given the days annual leave back, if they don't then you'll have 2 days off that week.jd9442 wrote:At our place, we get random days off and get told the week before the next.
If I have an event on a Saturday in a few months time and I ask for my day off that week to be on the Saturday, can they make me use a holiday
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Day off during the week
Thanks for all the responses people, I'm looking at attempting to get 2 Saturdays off in the same month, good luck me!
Didn't read it as flippant yellow! All made sense!
Didn't read it as flippant yellow! All made sense!