ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Missing tracked parcel
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Missing tracked parcel
Manager comes to me saying customer says they haven't received a tracked parcel that shows on my pda as delivered last week . We have been snowed under with parcels and I have no memory of delivering it but gps shows it scanned at that location so I say well it must have been delivered then .Manager clearly doesn't believe me asking have I left it with neighbour or anywhere else , I said no as I always leave cards if leaving with neighbour . So basically it's my word against the customer so what happens next ?
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Missing tracked parcel
I would hope your manager tells the customer that he has proof it was scanned at the his/her front door and tell them it's up to them to prove otherwise that it hasn't been received. Seems to me you have followed the correct procedure.
Only thing that might cause problems is if they have a porch and you left it in there and it was nicked?
Only thing that might cause problems is if they have a porch and you left it in there and it was nicked?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Missing tracked parcel
Which he would not do as they may have CCTV so a customer trying it on well that's a first how many people have convictions in this country? and some you would not guess it was that type even coppers steal off other coppers I was told once by one of my customers who was a copper!DiamondSmiles wrote:I would hope your manager tells the customer that he has proof it was scanned at the his/her front door and tell them it's up to them to prove otherwise that it hasn't been received. Seems to me you have followed the correct procedure.
Only thing that might cause problems is if they have a porch and you left it in there and it was nicked?
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Missing tracked parcel
Same thing happened to me. Customer was obviously taking the piss so management sided with me.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Missing tracked parcel
I once delivered a special, the recipient signed for it (well squiggled for it) thought nothing of it until about 2 weeks later when they complained that they'd never received it, the dom showed them a screenshot of their 'signature', they denied it was theirs, upshot is RM accepted responsibility for the 'lost' item and compensated them.
Although I didn't get into any bother about it I was still fuming that RM effectively believed them.
Although I didn't get into any bother about it I was still fuming that RM effectively believed them.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Missing tracked parcel
This is my point , it seems the proof of location by gps or a signature counts for nothing when it comes to customer complaints it's our word against theirs and we know who management usually believe.wacko74 wrote:I once delivered a special, the recipient signed for it (well squiggled for it) thought nothing of it until about 2 weeks later when they complained that they'd never received it, the dom showed them a screenshot of their 'signature', they denied it was theirs, upshot is RM accepted responsibility for the 'lost' item and compensated them.
Although I didn't get into any bother about it I was still fuming that RM effectively believed them.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Missing tracked parcel
If they do side with the customer put a grievance in against them that is all you can do or card everything and bring it back!chickenwittle wrote:This is my point , it seems the proof of location by gps or a signature counts for nothing when it comes to customer complaints it's our word against theirs and we know who management usually believe.wacko74 wrote:I once delivered a special, the recipient signed for it (well squiggled for it) thought nothing of it until about 2 weeks later when they complained that they'd never received it, the dom showed them a screenshot of their 'signature', they denied it was theirs, upshot is RM accepted responsibility for the 'lost' item and compensated them.
Although I didn't get into any bother about it I was still fuming that RM effectively believed them.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Missing tracked parcel
I had exactly the same thing 1 month ago. They denied receving it, gps showed it was scanned on their doorstep. That was that, matter closed as far as I'm aware.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Missing tracked parcel
If GPS backs you up and it has been delivered to the correct location then that is it generally .
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Missing tracked parcel
RM are in lose- lose position here IMO. 1. You have followed procedure to the best of anyones knowledge, with the GPS location and being marked as tracked. So RM cannot fault you for this without any further direct evidence that you took it or left it somewhere unsecure 2. RM cant prove that the customer DID actually recieve it, yeah there was a doorstep scan, still doesnt mean they got it necessarily. So basically RM as a company have to both side with the OP as he made no mistake as far as they can tell and also potentially compensate the customer as they still cant prove it was recieved.