ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Xmas bonus
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
Does this appear on payslip?
What does it show as
Xmas bonus(CWU) and incentive underpin payment? That right?
What does it show as
Xmas bonus(CWU) and incentive underpin payment? That right?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Xmas bonus
Yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
the incentive payment is for the phantom shares we were fleeced out of a few years back.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
No it isn’tdaveyeff wrote:the incentive payment is for the phantom shares we were fleeced out of a few years back.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
Oh yes it is, it's behind you, and the rest of us. 
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
I only got the £100 Incentive underpin payment, any ideas why the CWU bonus is missing? Yes I'm a member and pay my subs.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
No wages bonus is linked to union membership. It may be that you are contracted for 20 hours a week?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
No I'm full time. Can't understand why it's not there.
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
I read that part timers who did not get the full 4 week contract variation to full time for christmas will receive a bonus in January/February reflective of any overtime they did over this period.
Anyone know when that will be?
Cheers,
Merry Christmas

Anyone know when that will be?
Cheers,
Merry Christmas
-
Alain Prost
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
I joined in RM Fleet in March and joined CWU around May. Am I entitled to this extra bonus. I recieved the £100 RM one which was most appreciated.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
You should be entitled to both. CWU membership makes no differenceAlain Prost wrote:I joined in RM Fleet in March and joined CWU around May. Am I entitled to this extra bonus. I recieved the £100 RM one which was most appreciated.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
The Incentive Underpin Payment is the bonus off RM which could be increased for part timers if they work full time hours over Christmas. Any extra monies due were paid at the end of January last time.
The Xmas Bonus(CWU) relates to the money we should have got from the phantom shares debacle.
So obviously anyone who wasn’t with RM when that ridiculous scheme was in operation won’t get any of this second bonus.
The Xmas Bonus(CWU) relates to the money we should have got from the phantom shares debacle.
So obviously anyone who wasn’t with RM when that ridiculous scheme was in operation won’t get any of this second bonus.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
RobertT - enjoy reading your excellent posts on matters financial but I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I don'tRobertT wrote:The Incentive Underpin Payment is the bonus off RM which could be increased for part timers if they work full time hours over Christmas. Any extra monies due were paid at the end of January last time.
The Xmas Bonus(CWU) relates to the money we should have got from the phantom shares debacle.
So obviously anyone who wasn’t with RM when that ridiculous scheme was in operation won’t get any of this second bonus.
know what the phantom shares debacle was all about as I've only been in RM two years but I've received received pro rata payments for both bonuses
described as Xmas Bonus (CWU) and Incentive Underpin Payment on pay slip, so the qualifying criteria may have changed.
What doesn't help the understanding of these bonuses is that in the documentation I've read (posted by Postman) the titles of the bonuses are:
The Royal Mail Group CWU Productivity Scheme – Underpin payment
Royal Mail Core Business – Christmas Pay Supplement
which is different to the wording on the payslip.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
well the other one then!!, I knew it was one of them, as Robert T pointed out.number one wrote:No it isn’tdaveyeff wrote:the incentive payment is for the phantom shares we were fleeced out of a few years back.
-
Alain Prost
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Xmas bonus
So I am I entitled to this cwu bonus or not?