ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Night shift, is this right?
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Night shift, is this right?
Afternoon all.
Me and one other have been working nights for the last two and a half weeks 0000 - 0800.
Having looked at the pay rate doc, we were expecting a single £83ish Nightshift payment each week.
When we got nothing last week we asked the dom and he admitted that he forgot to put it through and he'd sort it and we'd get both weeks this week.
This is what we got, it doesn't look remotely right to me but I've never done nights before, and we only have them in for Christmas so I have no-one I can compare it too.
Dawn Shift 27.94
Arrears of Dawn shift 27.94
Arrears of mixed shift(pens) 17.72
Arrears of mixed shift (non pens) 15.81
Thoughts? looks to me like we've been shortchanged.
Current Dom is a bit of a blagger so I want to be at least 90% sure I'm right before confronting him in the morning
Me and one other have been working nights for the last two and a half weeks 0000 - 0800.
Having looked at the pay rate doc, we were expecting a single £83ish Nightshift payment each week.
When we got nothing last week we asked the dom and he admitted that he forgot to put it through and he'd sort it and we'd get both weeks this week.
This is what we got, it doesn't look remotely right to me but I've never done nights before, and we only have them in for Christmas so I have no-one I can compare it too.
Dawn Shift 27.94
Arrears of Dawn shift 27.94
Arrears of mixed shift(pens) 17.72
Arrears of mixed shift (non pens) 15.81
Thoughts? looks to me like we've been shortchanged.
Current Dom is a bit of a blagger so I want to be at least 90% sure I'm right before confronting him in the morning
-
therailway
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
As long as your attendance is longer than three hours between 2300 and 0500 you should be paid night shift premium which is currently £84.50. He is trying it on, go get him! Allowance is 44.67 pensionable + 39.83 non pensionable.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Night shift, is this right?
Sounds like either incompetent manager or budget saving for said manager so he get's a bigger bonus or just both as most of them are the scum of the earth workshy lazy cock suckers I have ever had the displeasure to meet never mind work for!
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Night shift, is this right?
Thought as much. Thankyou
Just to confirm is the allowance paid the week it's worked or does it come the week after like OT?
Just to confirm is the allowance paid the week it's worked or does it come the week after like OT?
-
therailway
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
Tricky question, if you started employment with RM on nights you would receive the allowance in the first weeks pay. However if a temporary change it may well be paid in arrears. Just count the number of weeks you work nights then count the number of allowances you receive. 
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
Week later as overtime
-
Alain Prost
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
I work in fleet and we get £23 a night for night shifts. Does this sound right? I think it's quite low for nights.
Also on Friday's we work two shifts in one. Half is classed as your Friday and the second half classed as your SA. I believe as they are two seperate shifts they should carry two shift allowances but RM will only pay you one that night. Surprised union never challenged it???
Also on Friday's we work two shifts in one. Half is classed as your Friday and the second half classed as your SA. I believe as they are two seperate shifts they should carry two shift allowances but RM will only pay you one that night. Surprised union never challenged it???
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Night shift, is this right?
You have been paid dawn allowance not night shift allowance - luckily for your manager it is easy peasy to correct on PSP - the silly sausage must have put it in the wrong box
ask him to bring it up on screen - the correct one is on the right hand end side and says 'night shift'
ask him to bring it up on screen - the correct one is on the right hand end side and says 'night shift'
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Night shift, is this right?
Ah, brilliant.feduppostie wrote:You have been paid dawn allowance not night shift allowance - luckily for your manager it is easy peasy to correct on PSP - the silly sausage must have put it in the wrong box
ask him to bring it up on screen - the correct one is on the right hand end side and says 'night shift'
Didn't get a chance to see him yesterday as he was too busy prepping the delivery he had to go out and do
Will make sure I catch up with him next week
-
Alain Prost
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
Sorry to hi-jack this thread. How much is the night shift per night ? I'm a mechanic in fleet and we're only getting £23 a night shift allowance, I think this is wrong. Our shifts are 2130 - 0600 Mon - Thu, and 1900 - 0600 Friday night.
-
waggywoowoo
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
I have had the same problem with the lino paying us dawn allowance when it should have been night allowance. Is anybody else able to confirm how much night allowance is before confronting him again. Cheers
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
£85.48
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Alain Prost
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
Is that £85 a night or for the entire week???
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Night shift, is this right?
Wishful thinking.for the entire week. If you do an extra night you only get the usual pay, no more night rateAlain Prost wrote:Is that £85 a night or for the entire week???