ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Xmas bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by jd9442 »

Does this appear on payslip?
What does it show as
Xmas bonus(CWU) and incentive underpin payment? That right?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Xmas bonus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by daveyeff »

the incentive payment is for the phantom shares we were fleeced out of a few years back.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by number one »

daveyeff wrote:the incentive payment is for the phantom shares we were fleeced out of a few years back.
No it isn’t
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by Nigel1505 »

Oh yes it is, it's behind you, and the rest of us. :wave
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by datasaint »

I only got the £100 Incentive underpin payment, any ideas why the CWU bonus is missing? Yes I'm a member and pay my subs.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by redneck »

No wages bonus is linked to union membership. It may be that you are contracted for 20 hours a week?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by datasaint »

No I'm full time. Can't understand why it's not there.
eggraidonmojo
Posts: 120
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by eggraidonmojo »

I read that part timers who did not get the full 4 week contract variation to full time for christmas will receive a bonus in January/February reflective of any overtime they did over this period.

Anyone know when that will be?

Cheers,

Merry Christmas
:Very Happy
Alain Prost
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by Alain Prost »

I joined in RM Fleet in March and joined CWU around May. Am I entitled to this extra bonus. I recieved the £100 RM one which was most appreciated.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by joewyan »

Alain Prost wrote:I joined in RM Fleet in March and joined CWU around May. Am I entitled to this extra bonus. I recieved the £100 RM one which was most appreciated.
You should be entitled to both. CWU membership makes no difference
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6694
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by RobertT »

The Incentive Underpin Payment is the bonus off RM which could be increased for part timers if they work full time hours over Christmas. Any extra monies due were paid at the end of January last time.

The Xmas Bonus(CWU) relates to the money we should have got from the phantom shares debacle.
So obviously anyone who wasn’t with RM when that ridiculous scheme was in operation won’t get any of this second bonus.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by yellowbelly »

RobertT wrote:The Incentive Underpin Payment is the bonus off RM which could be increased for part timers if they work full time hours over Christmas. Any extra monies due were paid at the end of January last time.

The Xmas Bonus(CWU) relates to the money we should have got from the phantom shares debacle.
So obviously anyone who wasn’t with RM when that ridiculous scheme was in operation won’t get any of this second bonus.
RobertT - enjoy reading your excellent posts on matters financial but I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I don't
know what the phantom shares debacle was all about as I've only been in RM two years but I've received received pro rata payments for both bonuses
described as Xmas Bonus (CWU) and Incentive Underpin Payment on pay slip, so the qualifying criteria may have changed.

What doesn't help the understanding of these bonuses is that in the documentation I've read (posted by Postman) the titles of the bonuses are:

The Royal Mail Group CWU Productivity Scheme – Underpin payment

Royal Mail Core Business – Christmas Pay Supplement

which is different to the wording on the payslip.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by daveyeff »

number one wrote:
daveyeff wrote:the incentive payment is for the phantom shares we were fleeced out of a few years back.
No it isn’t
well the other one then!!, I knew it was one of them, as Robert T pointed out.
Alain Prost
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
Gender: Male

Xmas bonus

Post by Alain Prost »

So I am I entitled to this cwu bonus or not?