ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Failing offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
samuraijack
Posts: 8
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 16:22
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by samuraijack »

Tell me ,how many other d/o s failing? Always had 4 dedicated drivers for large pkts ect,now this year we have 1 sometimes. walks not going out ,packets sometimes in the office for upto 3 days,moral has never been so bad at Christmas plus people unsurprisingly are just going off with stress.In 14 years this has truly been the worst so far. Sad thing is I can not see things getting any better ,deal or no deal.
bobthepostie
Posts: 135
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by bobthepostie »

Same. No nightshift, no sunday shifts to clear backlog, 2 parcel drivers instead of the usual 4. Only a select few part time staff being brought in to prep their own frames. FT staff still expected to prep the same 2/3 dutys every day that they would also do during the summer. Morale at lowest ever, people that would have worked all hours in years gone by now leaving bags and cutting off every day. Managers running about doing posties work. Complete and utter joke.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by Celgar »

I get the impression that the main backlog is at the MCs at the moment. We were hoping it would be busy up til Thursday or Friday of this week and then be a bit quieter on Saturday. But I get the feeling the reverse will be the case and we will be dumped on at the end of the week as the MCs get in a sudden panic to clear the decks. Our DO cleared all our backlog from the bad weather before the end of last week. This week we have had a bit of cutting off at the end of delivery time but it has been cleared the following day. It is still busy though for example l got back to the DO today at 1630.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Failing offices

Post by Brandy »

You poor posties,so glad I got out.This company is an utter disgrace!!!! :no no
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Failing offices

Post by twoloops »

Us part timers are running our gaff the full timers are crying in their mail sacks moaning "Can't get no O/T" :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by malcolm3011 »

Feel so sorry for my old work colleagues this time of year, looking at the feedback from other DOs things are getting worse at Christmas times than previous years, so glad to be out of it now :crazy:
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Failing offices

Post by Brandy »

RM are working their poor posties to exhaustion,are the managers exhausted? I doubt it very much,what extra do they do,apart from rubbing their hands together thinking of all their bonuses they will earn from the poor knackered over worked posties.
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by mdm »

Brandy wrote:You poor posties,so glad I got out.This company is an utter disgrace!!!! :no no
I'm out of it as well and it seems nothing changes does it! I've been talking to my usual postie and I can tell he's stressed to hell! :confused
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Failing offices

Post by maisymoo04 »

mattycash wrote:Us part timers are running our gaff the full timers are crying in their mail sacks moaning "Can't get no O/T" :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
well it makes a change matty its usualy the part timers crying saying why havnt we been mentioned in the pay talks or made up to full time nevermind ay :nana :nana :whistle :whistle :whistle :cuppa :cuppa
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Failing offices

Post by maisymoo04 »

maisymoo04 wrote:
mattycash wrote:Us part timers are running our gaff the full timers are crying in their mail sacks moaning "Can't get no O/T" :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
well it makes a change matty its usualy the part timers crying saying why havnt we been mentioned in the pay talks or made up to full time nevermind ay :nana :nana :whistle :whistle :whistle :cuppa :cuppa
not just pay talks sorry in all the talks :silenced :silenced :silenced :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by deggyg »

I’ve been in the job since 1988, this year has been the worst organisation & morale wise, I started getting a bit worked up last week about it all, but then when I saw the bosses laughing & joking I thought, if they’re not worrying, neither will I
It was a lightbulb moment, every day since then I’ve worked to my time and not stressed one bit
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by Justanotherstar »

Benfleet office had 19 go sick...as well as a manager :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Don't think they'll ever catch up
redheadedwoman
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 132
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 14:58
Gender: Female

Failing offices

Post by redheadedwoman »

Justanotherstar wrote:Benfleet office had 19 go sick...as well as a manager :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Don't think they'll ever catch up
How many in the office?
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Failing offices

Post by fb1969 »

Yorks and Yorks of unsorted mail everyday. Plus loops or packets left on many rounds. On a good day either all the mail goes out or all the packets - but never both.

Not enough time, not enough people, not enough vans.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Failing offices

Post by comeracing »

redheadedwoman wrote:
Justanotherstar wrote:Benfleet office had 19 go sick...as well as a manager :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Don't think they'll ever catch up
How many in the office?
20 :Very Happy