ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rest day on bank holidays
-
Tank
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
What’s the official Royal Mail line on this? Used to be able to get the overtime or a day in lieu, the don won’t pay the overtime now and the day in lieu is not what I want as they never have any spare staff to give you the day back when I want it!!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Rest day on bank holidays
The official line is still - change your rest day that week if possible, take a day in lieu or get paid as overtime.
Your choice.
If your DOM doesn't want to pay the overtime to protect his budget then he is acting outside of the national agreement.
Your rep should sort this out for you, or use the grievance procedure.
Your choice.
If your DOM doesn't want to pay the overtime to protect his budget then he is acting outside of the national agreement.
Your rep should sort this out for you, or use the grievance procedure.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
Our DOM always wants everyone to take £ as he never has enough staff.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=69286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Rest day on bank holidays
My rest day was on Boxing Day but I asked the Dom to pay me for that day. Will I get it in my pay this week or next week ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rest day on bank holidays
MissKazzyB wrote:My rest day was on Boxing Day but I asked the Dom to pay me for that day. Will I get it in my pay this week or next week ?
probably next week because the cut off date has passed. https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=83136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
My rest day was Boxing Day, I've had it put down as overtime
-
Cwtchy bear
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Dec 2017, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
Does this apply to part timers? My days off are Monday and Tuesday so can i claim money for the bank holidays?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Rest day on bank holidays
If for operational reasons it is refused and I can understand that as potently the likelihood is 33.3% were owed a day this week just gone can we take it before the end of the holiday year ie before March 26 2018 and can we demand it be so!clashcityrocker wrote:The official line is still - change your rest day that week if possible, take a day in lieu or get paid as overtime.
Your choice.
If your DOM doesn't want to pay the overtime to protect his budget then he is acting outside of the national agreement.
Your rep should sort this out for you, or use the grievance procedure.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
If they are your days off every week then I think it just gets added to your leave entitlement.Cwtchy bear wrote:Does this apply to part timers? My days off are Monday and Tuesday so can i claim money for the bank holidays?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Rest day on bank holidays
What day of the week was the duty you did this week? or if you did not have one and you did the four days? assuming you work five days? it is complicated as everyone's circumstances are different.Cwtchy bear wrote:Does this apply to part timers? My days off are Monday and Tuesday so can i claim money for the bank holidays?
-
Cwtchy bear
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Dec 2017, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
What day of the week was the duty you did this week? or if you did not have one and you did the four days? assuming you work five days? it is complicated as everyone's circumstances are different.[/quote]
I work 4 normally tho been dropped to 3 over xmas period (busiest time less manpower, what's that about? Lol) I worked thu to sat last week but will be wed to sat this week. I've never worked anywhere where i feel as clueless about things as i do working for RM or that i can't trust a manager to give me an honest straight answer :/ I guess I'll just have to phone HR and see what they say
It's definitely helped joining this forum tho knowing we're all in same boat and trying to help each other. Happy new year to all hopefully 2018 will bring improvements
I work 4 normally tho been dropped to 3 over xmas period (busiest time less manpower, what's that about? Lol) I worked thu to sat last week but will be wed to sat this week. I've never worked anywhere where i feel as clueless about things as i do working for RM or that i can't trust a manager to give me an honest straight answer :/ I guess I'll just have to phone HR and see what they say
It's definitely helped joining this forum tho knowing we're all in same boat and trying to help each other. Happy new year to all hopefully 2018 will bring improvements
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Rest day on bank holidays
joewyan wrote:If they are your days off every week then I think it just gets added to your leave entitlement.Cwtchy bear wrote:Does this apply to part timers? My days off are Monday and Tuesday so can i claim money for the bank holidays?
Monday & Tuesday are my days off every week - I work 5 hours a day, Wednesday to Sunday, making 25 hours a week. When a BH falls on Monday or Tuesday, I always get asked if I'd like a day's leave in lieu or payment. I always choose payment as it's difficult enough to book leave at the best of times and use the annual leave entitlement that I've already got.
-
Cwtchy bear
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Dec 2017, 21:06
- Gender: Male