ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Plantar

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Plantar

Post by jd9442 »

Is it covered under the disability act? If so, how does it help in relation to stage warnings etc
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Plantar

Post by glenfiddich »

It isn't and its a good way to get a stage 1 :cuppa
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

Plantar

Post by Pidleypoo »

glenfiddich wrote:It isn't and its a good way to get a stage 1 :cuppa
You sure about that? Because I am covered under for the same thing although it has been on going for about 3 years that has caused many other leg problems.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Plantar

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Pidleypoo wrote:
glenfiddich wrote:It isn't and its a good way to get a stage 1 :cuppa
You sure about that? Because I am covered under for the same thing although it has been on going for about 3 years that has caused many other leg problems.
The underlined bit is why you are covered.

Any and no conditions are covered under the EA (used to be called DDA). The qualifying factors are
You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.
But normally Plantar Fasciitis is considered a minor condition because in most cases the treatment is successful and not usually long term.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Plantar

Post by maisymoo04 »

on the talk of medical conditions I have a mate (yes I do have friends ) he suffered a tia in august (mini stroke ) been off since then got full use back no disabilitys nothing what is the back to work rehab on this anyone no
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Plantar

Post by peshwaarinaan »

glenfiddich wrote:It isn't and its a good way to get a stage 1 :cuppa
I've just had a Stage 1 for being off with Plantar Fasciitis.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Plantar

Post by Mobey »

maisymoo04 wrote:on the talk of medical conditions I have a mate (yes I do have friends ) he suffered a tia in august (mini stroke ) been off since then got full use back no disabilitys nothing what is the back to work rehab on this anyone no
https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work