ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parking Tickets.
-
colcestrian
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 16:41
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
Can somebody please tell me what the situation is regarding royal mail vans which get parking tickets. My whole post round is covered with single yellow time restriction lines (between 10 and 11am). I have spoken to different wardens and they have all said it is ok to park on these lines as long as you are working. This one day my van was off the road and I had to use a hire van...when I parked on the yellow line my van clearly had an official "on hire to royal mail" sign placed on the dashboard which could clearly be seen from the road. When I finished my loop and returned to the van a charge had been put on the window....I asked the warden why he had done it and he replied anybody could have put this sign in the van and there was no other letters or parcels on display. I told him we cannot have anything on display due to security issues..which he then just shrugged and walked away. My question is has anybody appealed successfully a parking ticket issued to a royal mail van or a hire vehicle and does the postman responsible for the van pay the fine?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
It’s for management to worry about I’m pretty sure anyway
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Parking Tickets.
Not your worry. It goes to the owner of the vancolcestrian wrote:Can somebody please tell me what the situation is regarding royal mail vans which get parking tickets. My whole post round is covered with single yellow time restriction lines (between 10 and 11am). I have spoken to different wardens and they have all said it is ok to park on these lines as long as you are working. This one day my van was off the road and I had to use a hire van...when I parked on the yellow line my van clearly had an official "on hire to royal mail" sign placed on the dashboard which could clearly be seen from the road. When I finished my loop and returned to the van a charge had been put on the window....I asked the warden why he had done it and he replied anybody could have put this sign in the van and there was no other letters or parcels on display. I told him we cannot have anything on display due to security issues..which he then just shrugged and walked away. My question is has anybody appealed successfully a parking ticket issued to a royal mail van or a hire vehicle and does the postman responsible for the van pay the fine?
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
I have been given parking tickets before and they were cancelled.
However, given the great Royal Mail/CWU lottery of how things are handled differently in every single office/depot up and down the land it will depend on your DOM/Rep I guess.
However, given the great Royal Mail/CWU lottery of how things are handled differently in every single office/depot up and down the land it will depend on your DOM/Rep I guess.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
I got a parking ticket for parking in a loading bay in a liveried van. My manager answered the ticket by saying "Royal Mail has a large and extensive legal team. Let us know the date and time you want to meet us in court and we'll see you there". The ticket was cancelled. 
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
As far as I am aware the driver is responsible for any parking tickets as you should not park illegally, Royal Mail vans are not exempt.
If your delivery has nowhere you can park you need to make your manager aware and then it’s their problem to deal with.
If your delivery has nowhere you can park you need to make your manager aware and then it’s their problem to deal with.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
To be fair. The traffic warden has a point in this. Anyone can pretend to be someone.... He didn't know.
I was told on my change over that parking tickets can now be given to royal mail staff. It's up to the managers what they do.
I was told on my change over that parking tickets can now be given to royal mail staff. It's up to the managers what they do.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
I think the parking ticket is on you. Certainly if there is anything defective on the van and the plod spot it you get the points/fines etc. I think there is an unspoken rule that parking wardens will not ticket posties vans even if they stop for a short while on double yellows for example. But if you're looking remotely like a 'white van man' then you are f*****.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
Royal Mail vans are exempt from tickets when parking on double yellow lines for the purpose of undertaking work to achieve the USO. If anyone ever tells you to move you must
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
It's not your problem if you have been doing your job properly, 'you' do not need to appeal anything it's down to Royal Mail.
For reference...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=39011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For reference...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=39011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Parking Tickets.
Not unspoken at all, all local authorities with have a document outlining their parking policies and guidelines and importantly for us, exemptions. Royal mail vehicles should be covered in there. Specifics most likely vary slightly but generally a 10 to 15 minute observation time during which the driver must be observed carrying out the duties of the USO.Celgar wrote:I think the parking ticket is on you. Certainly if there is anything defective on the van and the plod spot it you get the points/fines etc. I think there is an unspoken rule that parking wardens will not ticket posties vans even if they stop for a short while on double yellows for example. But if you're looking remotely like a 'white van man' then you are f*****.
Note that is an observation time to be seen doing the work, not a maximum time limit, important difference when it can take longer running to and fro clearing a PO this time of year
-
colcestrian
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 16:41
- Gender: Male
Parking Tickets.
Thanks for the replies guys. The parking ticket has now been cancelled.