ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA's in the wet

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

PDA's in the wet

Post by eastie »

Absolutely useless, don't know if its the damp or some other reason but yesterday when we had torrential rain, most of our PDA's kept logging off in our office.
Any others have this problem in wet conditions?
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

PDA's in the wet

Post by maisymoo04 »

they only need a splodge of water on and it goes back to log in joke :d'oh! :d'oh!
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

PDA's in the wet

Post by ted_e_bear »

Mine's alright.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

PDA's in the wet

Post by k979aaa »

they don't scan if one snow flake is on the bar code.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

PDA's in the wet

Post by twoloops »

PDA's wish I had one ? We have no spares in our office, the few they have are never get given in, so I've not used one for weeks all written on paper & left on DOM's desk. :arrrghhh
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA's in the wet

Post by Celgar »

My PDA does seem to be getting a little bit more unresponsive and slow at the moment but that isn't rain related. Maybe it doesn't like the cold? It still keeps switching to incident report though and anything else except what I want on the screen. Oh for the good old days with the paper collection cards. Progress isn't always a good thing is it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
mad man moon
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 41
Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 22:50
Gender: Male

PDA's in the wet

Post by mad man moon »

We have the new PDA's in PF,thinking about it they have been playing up the last few days.
I put it down to wearing golves and pressing a wrong button by mistake. They are,in my opinion, a lot better than the old ones.
Ex-PFW currently Network Driver.
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

PDA's in the wet

Post by gunho »

If your PDA starts to run slow you need to reboot it, that should sort it out.
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

PDA's in the wet

Post by DGH »

gunho wrote:If your PDA starts to run slow you need to reboot it, that should sort it out.
I often find that rebooting it several yards down the road helps sort it out.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA's in the wet

Post by Celgar »

Near impossible to write anything legible on the PDA screen if it is wet or covered in rain drops. Had that on Wednesday and I think it is going to rain tomorrow as well.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.