ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
OH Refusal
-
Alfreton
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 19 Feb 2016, 22:24
- Gender: Male
OH Refusal
Anybody know on what grounds they can refuse occupational health assist? Thanks
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
OH Refusal
Go off sick and get a doctors note they’ll want to refer you then as it’s the only way to have a chance at getting you back to work if you are saying you’re too ill to be at work.
OH referrals cost them money so they’re trying to go on doctors advice etc you could ask for a letter from your GP with adjusted duties
OH referrals cost them money so they’re trying to go on doctors advice etc you could ask for a letter from your GP with adjusted duties
-
Alfreton
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 19 Feb 2016, 22:24
- Gender: Male
OH Refusal
What if they can't adjust duties?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
OH Refusal
Get your rep onto it and if not them then your area rep
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
OH Refusal
They have changed the system. The manager now contacts HR who in discussion with the manager decides if a referral is warranted.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=78215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LTB 025/17 Occupational Health Service from April 2017
in the attachment:
ii. We intend to control access to other service lines by using our HR Services team as the interface to OH Assist, to give us greater transparency and control over volumes and reduce managers’ workload by making it simpler to raise a referral. This is positive for both the manager and the recipient of the service.
----- Though how adding a layer of referral reduces workload I am uncertain.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=78215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LTB 025/17 Occupational Health Service from April 2017
in the attachment:
ii. We intend to control access to other service lines by using our HR Services team as the interface to OH Assist, to give us greater transparency and control over volumes and reduce managers’ workload by making it simpler to raise a referral. This is positive for both the manager and the recipient of the service.
----- Though how adding a layer of referral reduces workload I am uncertain.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
OH Refusal
It gives HR something to do ,rather than playing solitaire on their computers,because I don't understand what value they add.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:They have changed the system. The manager now contacts HR who in discussion with the manager decides if a referral is warranted.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=78215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LTB 025/17 Occupational Health Service from April 2017
in the attachment:
ii. We intend to control access to other service lines by using our HR Services team as the interface to OH Assist, to give us greater transparency and control over volumes and reduce managers’ workload by making it simpler to raise a referral. This is positive for both the manager and the recipient of the service.
----- Though how adding a layer of referral reduces workload I am uncertain.
-
cantonkid1955
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
OH Refusal
..I have severe osteo arthritis in both knees and ankles,and I was off sick twice,within two years,,my Parcelforce ops manager,and delivey manager,,contrived to entice me back off the sick,,to,,*train up the Christmas temps in PDA use and depot procedures,*,whilst paying me my normal hours,including SA,,and also including my Saturday SA..but only working 12 hours,split over 3,or 4 days,,sounds very nice,,but,,had I taken up their kind offer,and then gone back on the sick to have my knees done,,they would have had NO hesitation in dismissing me under the 3 strikes in 2 years rule..Alfreton wrote:Anybody know on what grounds they can refuse occupational health assist? Thanks
I declined their very kind offer,,and the union got me IHR,,
The union are brilliant in guiding people through the minefield of hidden rules and regulations,,and I've stayed as a retired member,,
-
sanchino
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 15:33
- Gender: Male
arthritis time off
hi have been off siick quite a bit with osteoarthritis 2yrs back ,lasy year tumor in my neck and vacectomy and now am off with inury from R.T.A very rarely get return to work interviews and have had no stage warning interviews either ,could these warnings have been issued without me present? Have taken substantial life changes to cope with arthritis but have had no help from royal mail ,under the disability act your employer has to make ajustments to help you cope with arthritis does this mean anything or will you get the same shrug i usually get?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
arthritis time off
They should make "reasonable adjustments". Obviously, the catch is what is reasonable and that differs in each situation. https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/ ... djustments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;97gaz wrote:I don't think they have to make changes rather than attempt to make changes. If you can't manage the job and they can't find suitable work for you then they can ill health retire you. To be fair that is the way it should be.sanchino wrote:hi have been off siick quite a bit with osteoarthritis 2yrs back ,lasy year tumor in my neck and vacectomy and now am off with inury from R.T.A very rarely get return to work interviews and have had no stage warning interviews either ,could these warnings have been issued without me present? Have taken substantial life changes to cope with arthritis but have had no help from royal mail ,under the disability act your employer has to make ajustments to help you cope with arthritis does this mean anything or will you get the same shrug i usually get?
I'm lucky that I worked indoors before I acquired my ailments. If I'd been on delivery then I'm sure I would have been gone by now.
Also, Arthritis in off itself is neither covered or not covered - the issue is the impact of a condition on your daily life and that it is long term. https://www.gov.uk/definition-of-disabi ... y-act-2010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To the OP, contact your branch Area Safety Rep (ASR) and perhaps the Equality Officer as they will have the necessary expertise to deal with this and represent you.What ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ mean
‘substantial’ is more than minor or trivial, eg it takes much longer than it usually would to complete a daily task like getting dressed
‘long-term’ means 12 months or more, eg a breathing condition that develops as a result of a lung infection
Also if you haven't signed off on stage warnings then you haven't had them and they are non-effective, but again you would need the ASR to fight your corner.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.