ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What is the actual break time we get?
-
HirstyUK
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 04 Aug 2015, 14:46
- Gender: Male
What is the actual break time we get?
Been a postie for 2 years now and I still hear different things about our breaks. I hear that full timers get 40 minutes, part times 20 minutes, both paid breaks. Most folk in our office don't take the breaks but instead finish 40 or 20 minutes before the finish time so it evens out. What's the official word on breaks for both full time and part timers?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What is the actual break time we get?
from the way forward agreement: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
What is the actual break time we get?
the official word is EVERYONE TAKE THE BREAK not saying you hirsty tell all the sh@@ bags in your place its there fault why the jobs gone like this

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
What is the actual break time we get?
Hirsty a key point in the document TBT uploaded is break times are based off attendance length for that day, not your contracted hours. Eg. a part timer and a full timer doing the same hours, will both be entitled to the same length of break.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
What is the actual break time we get?
If you took your break from day one mate you would'nt be asking that question now.
-
HirstyUK
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 04 Aug 2015, 14:46
- Gender: Male
What is the actual break time we get?
Nice one cheers, thought I remembered seeing that sheet up on the union board, for short whileTrueBlueTerrier wrote:
from the way forward agreement: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
What is the actual break time we get?
Is there one other industry in this country where employees don't take a break. We have colleagues who do an SA after a walk and work 12 hours with no break. Unbelievable, race round like a wtat, just what RM what. 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
What is the actual break time we get?
For years we have been told to slow down a bit, don't come in early, take your breaks etc by our union rep. Of course very few people took any notice and we are where we are now. I think there is a tendency among workers in the UK to go beyond the call of duty. But with us now the s*** is coming from RM with us getting put upon all the time. What annoys me most is that the union does little about it. But as I said at the start I think we, or some of us, did it to us in the first place and we can't find our way back now.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.