ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No delivery today,too icy!
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
Management decision,Options available- go home at 9 & owe the time back(4 odd hours) or stay and wash vans etc.I went home,I'm sure I'll make up that time within the next 2 days 
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
Ain't been out for 2 days. Think I'm gonna cry tomorrow.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
No delivery today,too icy!
We cleared yesterday and its was very very light today, at least we'll dodge the armageddon that's going to descend on some.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
Cleared all oversize and special today.
-
thekiddykid
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
No delivery today,too icy!
Went nowhere yesterday. Been out today with specials and tracked. Spikeys did their job luckily cos it was not nice out there 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
-
therailway
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
Washing vans, presumably using water, in freezing conditions!!! Would love to see the dynamic risk assessment for this one 
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
H&S is RM's is main priority, until it suits otherwise. 
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
Oi. I'm technically south of the border and find that comment offensive...fishtank wrote:Southern softies.
only personally tho, agreed that most of my colleagues are so soft and wimpy it actually is painful to hear their whinges.
-
HarryPoorer
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
I really feel for all those overworked kettles in every managers office up and down the country this weather. 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
Some roads were like glass. Our DOM went out to check some roads out and decided it wasn't safe to go out. Some of us delivered the SDs and postboxes that were not frozen shut or inaccessible were emptied. We will have some rolling backlog but I don't think it will be bad and hopefully will be cleared by Saturday. Sort of a no win situation really. Personally if I had another van accident I would be off the job so I was a bit worried about doing the full delivery.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
No delivery today,too icy!
That comment reminds me. I booted a distant deep rural postbox today. Full on in the 'face' so to speak, because it was frozen shut. It opened fine after that. Useful hint maybe?
I'd had to do the same time get the van side door to open. I don't remember seeing it in a RM video, maybe I should write to the courier with these seasonal hints! Lol
I'd had to do the same time get the van side door to open. I don't remember seeing it in a RM video, maybe I should write to the courier with these seasonal hints! Lol