ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No delivery today,too icy!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Management decision,Options available- go home at 9 & owe the time back(4 odd hours) or stay and wash vans etc.I went home,I'm sure I'll make up that time within the next 2 days :Very Happy
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by Seymour Buts »

Ain't been out for 2 days. Think I'm gonna cry tomorrow.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

We cleared yesterday and its was very very light today, at least we'll dodge the armageddon that's going to descend on some.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by koolishy67 »

Cleared all oversize and special today.
thekiddykid
Posts: 116
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by thekiddykid »

Went nowhere yesterday. Been out today with specials and tracked. Spikeys did their job luckily cos it was not nice out there :pray
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by fishtank »

Southern softies.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
therailway
Posts: 100
Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by therailway »

Washing vans, presumably using water, in freezing conditions!!! Would love to see the dynamic risk assessment for this one :nana
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by Nigel1505 »

H&S is RM's is main priority, until it suits otherwise. :thumbup
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by wannabeek »

fishtank wrote:Southern softies.
Oi. I'm technically south of the border and find that comment offensive...

only personally tho, agreed that most of my colleagues are so soft and wimpy it actually is painful to hear their whinges.
HarryPoorer
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by HarryPoorer »

I really feel for all those overworked kettles in every managers office up and down the country this weather. :cuppa
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by Celgar »

Some roads were like glass. Our DOM went out to check some roads out and decided it wasn't safe to go out. Some of us delivered the SDs and postboxes that were not frozen shut or inaccessible were emptied. We will have some rolling backlog but I don't think it will be bad and hopefully will be cleared by Saturday. Sort of a no win situation really. Personally if I had another van accident I would be off the job so I was a bit worried about doing the full delivery.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

No delivery today,too icy!

Post by wannabeek »

That comment reminds me. I booted a distant deep rural postbox today. Full on in the 'face' so to speak, because it was frozen shut. It opened fine after that. Useful hint maybe?
I'd had to do the same time get the van side door to open. I don't remember seeing it in a RM video, maybe I should write to the courier with these seasonal hints! Lol