ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
I thought this little video was worthy of a mention, the young lady who made it is genuinely enthusiastic about the job which is a refreshing change : ) and quite a dab hand at producing videos by the looks of it, wonder if the RM media team had any say over it?
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
11,500 steps, surely thats only 50% of the duty done
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Definitely a Royal Mail propaganda exercise. She is allowed to do an urban loop without the use of a trolley, walks across gardens, over fences. The job is referred to as an easy walk, nice early start, 4 hours in a nice warm depot sorting mail, and nice early finish at 2.30pm with about a 3.5 hour walk taking into account 30 minutes break.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Too right I'm doing approx 22000.lcook282 wrote:11,500 steps, surely thats only 50% of the duty done
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Mine is approx 26500. I would love thier walk lolted_e_bear wrote:Too right I'm doing approx 22000.lcook282 wrote:11,500 steps, surely thats only 50% of the duty done
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave within first year. If it that easy should be 0 per cent.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
"It's a really fun job".
"I might do it when I'm 50".
Aww! Bless!
"I might do it when I'm 50".
Aww! Bless!
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
minimum 15k on a really light dayCPTNemoUK wrote:Mine is approx 26500. I would love thier walk lolted_e_bear wrote:Too right I'm doing approx 22000.lcook282 wrote:11,500 steps, surely thats only 50% of the duty done
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Since it's panto season.baldrick wrote:"It's a really fun job".
"I might do it when I'm 50".
Aww! Bless!
Oh no she won't.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Presumably this video was sanctioned by RM management, they allowed her to wear RM uniform, travel in RM van, etc.
Why have they allowed its publication when the postie acknowledges that she goes to the toilet in the bushes if necessary, climbs through fences and across grass, carries a bag where a trolley could be used, etc.
Interesting uniform style too!
Why have they allowed its publication when the postie acknowledges that she goes to the toilet in the bushes if necessary, climbs through fences and across grass, carries a bag where a trolley could be used, etc.
Interesting uniform style too!
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
This lady certainly knows how to carve up her delivery. 
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
WTF!
"It's quite cool, you get paid just for walking around." Yeah, that's all there is to it...
But hey, where can I get me a pair of those hi-viz knee length orange socks? I'm off to the Dimensions website right now....
"It's quite cool, you get paid just for walking around." Yeah, that's all there is to it...
But hey, where can I get me a pair of those hi-viz knee length orange socks? I'm off to the Dimensions website right now....
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Load of old s**t.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
A right carve up, two of them doing one round, politely going through gardens, fences, typical trolley-less delivery underway, just the sort of thing that RM supposedly disapprove of. Why has this been produced if only for a wind up? Surely RM management of any intelligence would not have sanctioned this? 
-
Post12345
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
- Gender: Female
"A day in the life of a postwoman"
Anyone post the link to the vid please? My phone doesn't like the plug in or something