We had an office chat to update on the RM/CWU negotiations yesterday. Nothing still agreed and it sounds like the union are still not happy although I get the horrible feeling they will capitulate as usual.
Couple of nasty ideas were confirmed as on the table. The first was 'Borg-style implants' in the form of new design identity cards with new chips. Technology could be fitted to all entrances and exits to RM buildings to monitor each and every time we move through the buildings/sorting offices. I think the union is raising human rights and maybe data protection issues on this one but I suspect it will happen. The other nasty proposal is for thirty minute time windows to deliver the mail in. I don't personally see this as being feasible as even when it isn't Christmas time the delivery times vary widely.
The proposed percentage pay increases seen here were mentioned but they are not confirmed and I don't think the union likes them still. I think the union is still pursuing the 35 hour week idea where you still get paid for 39 or 38 hours. Personally I feel that idea is more for the future where technology removes most jobs and the remaining jobs/hours have to be shared out among the population. But we are not at that point yet. Our rep says we have to have this proposal though otherwise with the Advent of Parcels & flats being sorted fully by machinery RM will want more jobs gone across the whole network.
The future doesn't look Rosy.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
Ooops. This is not official news as such. It is just what we were told yesterday in our delivery office.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
I can't see a problem with "new technology could be fitted to all entrances and exits to RM buildings to monitor each and every time we move through the buildings/sorting offices". 
-
plymouth3
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 06 Jul 2010, 18:45
- Gender: Male
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
if it cancels out the posties that come in early for nothing and deletes the runners that finish early, then bring it on.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
I beleive the scanners have been there for quite awhile in most d/os.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
Since I wrote the above I have been convinced that the new badges and infrastructure could be a good way to equalise walk lengths.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
theyll only use it for guys going home early anybody who starts early will just be ignored as usualplymouth3 wrote:if it cancels out the posties that come in early for nothing and deletes the runners that finish early, then bring it on.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
DOM/local Union Rep Negotiations update.
it doesn't matter what time people start because its not costing the company money ,idiots working for NOWT , but when these people ae going home before there finish time then that's different matter , sooner the better imomatthew68 wrote:theyll only use it for guys going home early anybody who starts early will just be ignored as usualplymouth3 wrote:if it cancels out the posties that come in early for nothing and deletes the runners that finish early, then bring it on.