ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Evening guys
I’ve got my 6 month review on Monday & quietly been told by another postie who is also a rep that he’s been told by someone else who saw a letter on the dom desk that I’m gonna get my probationary period extended for another 3 months as I need extra training on speed WTF!!!!
Excuse my French but really!!!!!
How the hell are they gonna do that. Are we supposed to walk at a certain speed then ???
I must admit that sometimes I do cut off & cant complete as I have to do the school pick up but I do try my best & im far from slow, that’s for sure.
Is this really the job for me I’m thinking!!!!
Always feel that im failing a lot of the time because of all the sarcastic comments about not completing from other posties or the floor manager.
A lot of the guys in my office all do a lot of overtime because they’ve completed their walk by 12.30 or so, so fit the overtime in their contracted hours.
Good luck to them but I feel I’m getting compared to the posties that have been there years & years & who have their own duty.
I’m a reserve so on different walks a lot.
I’ve got my 6 month review on Monday & quietly been told by another postie who is also a rep that he’s been told by someone else who saw a letter on the dom desk that I’m gonna get my probationary period extended for another 3 months as I need extra training on speed WTF!!!!
Excuse my French but really!!!!!
How the hell are they gonna do that. Are we supposed to walk at a certain speed then ???
I must admit that sometimes I do cut off & cant complete as I have to do the school pick up but I do try my best & im far from slow, that’s for sure.
Is this really the job for me I’m thinking!!!!
Always feel that im failing a lot of the time because of all the sarcastic comments about not completing from other posties or the floor manager.
A lot of the guys in my office all do a lot of overtime because they’ve completed their walk by 12.30 or so, so fit the overtime in their contracted hours.
Good luck to them but I feel I’m getting compared to the posties that have been there years & years & who have their own duty.
I’m a reserve so on different walks a lot.
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 09 Dec 2017, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
-
gone postal
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
There is absolutely no agreement on speed on delivery. Everyone's pace is different. If the DOM says anything regarding how fast or slow you deliver ask to see the officially agreed rate. There will not be one !!! If he persists speak to your rep and put in a grievance. The only agreed speed test is the one minute prep test on an empty frame.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
just ignore all the wan#ers who make sarcastic comments especially fellow Postie's ones.. as for floor manager is it worth reporting him to your union rep or maybe email moya. hopefully tat email will put floor manager a few floors beyond ground level.MissKazzyB wrote:Evening guys
I’ve got my 6 month review on Monday & quietly been told by another postie who is also a rep that he’s been told by someone else who saw a letter dom desk that I’m gonna get my probationary period extended for another 3 months as I need extra training on speed WTF!!!!
Excuse my French but really!!!!!
How the hell are they gonna do that. Are we supposed to walk at a certain speed then ???
I must admit that sometimes I do cut off & cant complete as I have to do School pick up but I do try my best & im far from slow, that’s for sure.
Is this really the job for me I’m thinking. Always feel that him failing a lot of the time because if all the sarcastic comments about not completing from other posties or the floor manager.
A lot of the guys in my office all do a lot of overtime because they’ve completed their walk by 12.30 or so so fit the overtime in their contracted hours. Good luck to them but I feel I’m getting compared to the posture that have been there years & years & who have their own duty.
I’m a reserve so on different walks a lot.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
1230 finish some posties in your office ?? silly people there the cause of all this sh@@ going on and there the first to moan if they wanna bring in a change or someone says anything bet they don't even do the job properly and take no meal breaks there the idiots we have to work with
soz kazz wat was ye post again haha

soz kazz wat was ye post again haha
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Speed doesn't really come from walking fast, but from practice, improved preparation (as you progress) , and routine on the walks , 6 months is nothing if you you are coping with different rounds , so if are good worker, there will be nothing to worry about, but do promote your own positive attitude. They need people like you!
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Extra training on speed? - if they are paying for it, I'm up for giving it a go 
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Ignore him. He is a prick.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
BingoSouth_London_Postie wrote:Ignore him. He is a prick.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Speed training
tell him good luck with that one and ask him to show you the agreed walking speed btw R/M and the CWU , f***ing 12.30 finishing and doing o/t in there contracted hours
, theres some serious ghosting of o/t going on in your office , do you use lwt ? or carry a bag ,
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Someone saw a letter on the DOM's desk - who and how?
They told the rep - has he approached the DOM about it?
The rep told you. You told us.........
I would wait until you hear something officially.
Playing Chinese whispers is for primary school.
They told the rep - has he approached the DOM about it?
The rep told you. You told us.........
I would wait until you hear something officially.
Playing Chinese whispers is for primary school.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Who saw the letter? Who told the rep that they saw a letter? How do you know that the letter the person supposedly saw was actually about you?
I have my doubts that the DOM would actually take time to draft a letter, or even a line manager to take time to write a letter to the DOM regarding someone's "speed".
I'd say contact union rep as perhaps there is no letter, and the postie who told the rep they saw a letter is just trying to stir sh*t!
I have my doubts that the DOM would actually take time to draft a letter, or even a line manager to take time to write a letter to the DOM regarding someone's "speed".
I'd say contact union rep as perhaps there is no letter, and the postie who told the rep they saw a letter is just trying to stir sh*t!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Sounds like rumour spreading, bitching, or even harassment against you personally. Initially I would try ignoring it and carry on doing you job to the best of your ability. If it persists I would pursue it under harassment either with your DOM or union rep depending where/who the harassment is coming from. We had a bit of vocal stuff the other day against one postie who is genuinely a good postie and I didn't like it. Was going to say to the DOM that I didn't like the tone of the conversation but didn't although I think I still might.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
I use a trolley however I leave it whenever I can & bag up as quicker
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
Agree with clash - Chinese whispers - how about the rep and these 'friendly' posties who saw something, who told his
mate who told his mate etc. have a quick glance at how you're prepping in the office and give a couple
of suggestions on how you might be able to do things more efficiently, rather than stirring the s**t!!
Letter allegedly states "....as I need extra training on speed...." - Again if it turns out to be true ask them precisely what training are they
going to give you that will increase your speed whilst maintaining accuracy - what a crock of ....! No doubt some of the posties
who have plenty of time to ghost will be pointed in your direction to give you "training" advice - NOT! Have you a work place coach
and are they actually doing anything to help you? Ask them for advice if you can find him/her!!
And if it was true about the letter what was the DOM doing leaving it on his desk leaving it for people to see?!
Ignore the whisperers and doom mongers - just keep doing what you're doing!
mate who told his mate etc. have a quick glance at how you're prepping in the office and give a couple
of suggestions on how you might be able to do things more efficiently, rather than stirring the s**t!!
Letter allegedly states "....as I need extra training on speed...." - Again if it turns out to be true ask them precisely what training are they
going to give you that will increase your speed whilst maintaining accuracy - what a crock of ....! No doubt some of the posties
who have plenty of time to ghost will be pointed in your direction to give you "training" advice - NOT! Have you a work place coach
and are they actually doing anything to help you? Ask them for advice if you can find him/her!!
And if it was true about the letter what was the DOM doing leaving it on his desk leaving it for people to see?!
Ignore the whisperers and doom mongers - just keep doing what you're doing!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!
its not about "speed" as such, its probably because you stood up for yourself and cut off a few times and its been noticed they cant just run over you how theyd like to. Theyll point to speed as being the issue, but most walks in my office arent achievable if posties did the job properly, but everyones cutting corners here and there. its a shame then as the people who then do things the way RM have told us to will be "slow" in comparison.