Absolutely useless, don't know if its the damp or some other reason but yesterday when we had torrential rain, most of our PDA's kept logging off in our office.
Any others have this problem in wet conditions?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA's in the wet
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
PDA's in the wet
they only need a splodge of water on and it goes back to log in joke

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
PDA's in the wet
they don't scan if one snow flake is on the bar code.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
PDA's in the wet
PDA's wish I had one ? We have no spares in our office, the few they have are never get given in, so I've not used one for weeks all written on paper & left on DOM's desk. 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
PDA's in the wet
My PDA does seem to be getting a little bit more unresponsive and slow at the moment but that isn't rain related. Maybe it doesn't like the cold? It still keeps switching to incident report though and anything else except what I want on the screen. Oh for the good old days with the paper collection cards. Progress isn't always a good thing is it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
mad man moon
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 22:50
- Gender: Male
PDA's in the wet
We have the new PDA's in PF,thinking about it they have been playing up the last few days.
I put it down to wearing golves and pressing a wrong button by mistake. They are,in my opinion, a lot better than the old ones.
I put it down to wearing golves and pressing a wrong button by mistake. They are,in my opinion, a lot better than the old ones.
Ex-PFW currently Network Driver.
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
PDA's in the wet
If your PDA starts to run slow you need to reboot it, that should sort it out.
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
PDA's in the wet
I often find that rebooting it several yards down the road helps sort it out.gunho wrote:If your PDA starts to run slow you need to reboot it, that should sort it out.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
PDA's in the wet
Near impossible to write anything legible on the PDA screen if it is wet or covered in rain drops. Had that on Wednesday and I think it is going to rain tomorrow as well.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.