ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
honda333
Posts: 10
Joined: 06 Dec 2017, 06:39
Gender: Female

Overtime

Post by honda333 »

Hey all
I'm new here and looking some information about overtime.
I have 25h part time contract, but would like to work overtime. Who should I ask for it?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Overtime

Post by crimson king »

In my short experience you don't have to ask- the overtime kinda finds you, even when you don't really want it.

But I guess your line manager would be your first stop if you want some overtime and aren't getting any.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Overtime

Post by maisymoo04 »

also if you can drive and had your change over (learned to drive a royal mail van in your office) and have spare time in the afternoon ask if you can go on the collections list were you peform afternoon collections on sch attendance some staff in offices wont mention this because they think its there overtime but just ask to go on the list if there is one :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
honda333
Posts: 10
Joined: 06 Dec 2017, 06:39
Gender: Female

Overtime

Post by honda333 »

Thanks a lot