ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal museum tickets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
billie1956
Posts: 13
Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 17:31
Gender: Male

Postal museum tickets

Post by billie1956 »

Has anyone heard or knows how we can get the free admission tickets Royal Mail said would be available to employees for the Postal Museum in London which includes riding on the restored Postal Train under the streets of London .I have benn keeping a lookout for details in The Courier but have seen nothing .Would be nice day out for my young grandchildren any info would be appreciated
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Postal museum tickets

Post by maisymoo04 »

wasn't it show ye id badge am sure tho it was only for staff members and not family members am usually wrong tho :whistle :whistle :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Postal museum tickets

Post by NWpostie »

Tried to show my badge they weren't accepted so I had to pay the full wack.

Like you I tried to find the discount/freebie on Royal Mail staff benefit site, nothing so far.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
rockypostie
Posts: 171
Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 21:17

Postal museum tickets

Post by rockypostie »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2017/0 ... all-aboard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Postal museum tickets

Post by NWpostie »

Booked a ticket, thanks for the link.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
billie1956
Posts: 13
Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 17:31
Gender: Male

Postal museum tickets

Post by billie1956 »

Thanks for the info hidden in the depths of My bundle lol
rick184
Posts: 62
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 21:10

Postal museum tickets

Post by rick184 »

It's well worth a visit. I went last month, looked around the museum and had a ride on the MailRail.

It's a bit worrying when some of the equipment I used at work is now a museum exhibit! :-)
FAB
Posts: 234
Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
Gender: Male

Postal museum tickets

Post by FAB »

rick184 wrote:It's well worth a visit. I went last month, looked around the museum and had a ride on the MailRail.

It's a bit worrying when some of the equipment I used at work is now a museum exhibit! :-)
Do you travel very far on the MailRail?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Postal museum tickets

Post by Lounge Lizard »

rick184 wrote:It's well worth a visit. I went last month, looked around the museum and had a ride on the MailRail.

It's a bit worrying when some of the equipment I used at work is now a museum exhibit! :-)
Even more worrying when you were told "Don't stand still. We're stocktaking today" :nana :nana