ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by MissKazzyB »

Hi all

Just wondering if it’s personally me or are others feeling the same.
Today & yesterday I have felt so tired & my whole body is aching. It’s pissing me off tbh as ive no energy to do anything indoors when I get home. I’m just about making dinner & then leaving the washing up until the next day. It’s driving me nuts.
I’m wondering if it’s my age creeping up on me all of a sudden (43) or I’m just not physically fit enough for this job :-((
Or is it the weather cos it’s so cold.
I feel like how I felt when I first started this job. Then it started to get easier as I got used to it & now back to square one.

I know it’s xmas & busy but today was really light, Like a normal Tuesday but yet I felt exhausted, tired & achey.

Help!!!!!!
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

Nope. It's Christmas. Strolling around, leaving more than ever. Easiest time of the year. :nana
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Will be honest. I have days were my body feels like I have zero energy. Had one just last week. i still had 4 loops left and i felt like my body was about to give in.

But i also agree with the other guy. This time of year is great, i chuck every large packet out and just got my loops to do. Stress free and a nice stroll round.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by Brandy »

Yes it is a physically demanding job,the cold weather doesnt help as you are using up so much energy to keep warm,I dont think those at the top really have any idea how hard this job is. Age doesnt seem to come into the equation with RM,whether you are young or old you should always be able to work at the same speed as the fastest postie.What a load of claptrap.
Good luck Kazzy B,I have walked in your shoes and know what its like to be completely knackered.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by deggyg »

Maybe best if you visit the Dr’s, you might have an underlying issue, better to be safe etc
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

The rounds are too big and the. Amount of time were walking for is ridiculous , our bodies are getting constantly battered
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by baldrick »

I feel like that and I'm retired! There's a lot of colds and coughs going round, which I've got. I just think it's the time of year when we generally have less energy.
The days are at their shortest, and we get little natural light. I feel at my most energetic when the days are long, sunny and warm.
Christmas should be moved to July!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Brandy wrote:Yes it is a physically demanding job,the cold weather doesnt help as you are using up so much energy to keep warm,I dont think those at the top really have any idea how hard this job is. Age doesnt seem to come into the equation with RM,whether you are young or old you should always be able to work at the same speed as the fastest postie.What a load of claptrap.
Good luck Kazzy B,I have walked in your shoes and know what its like to be completely knackered.
I know this job is a killer. I was only commenting about this time of year. That I find it easier because I can get rid of my large packets. But the rest of the year when I've got to rush round doing them kills me. I have many of afternoon naps :Very Happy
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by woody38 »

MissKazzyB wrote:Hi all

Just wondering if it’s personally me or are others feeling the same.
Today & yesterday I have felt so tired & my whole body is aching. It’s pissing me off tbh as ive no energy to do anything indoors when I get home. I’m just about making dinner & then leaving the washing up until the next day. It’s driving me nuts.
I’m wondering if it’s my age creeping up on me all of a sudden (43) or I’m just not physically fit enough for this job :-((
Or is it the weather cos it’s so cold.
I feel like how I felt when I first started this job. Then it started to get easier as I got used to it & now back to square one.

I know it’s xmas & busy but today was really light, Like a normal Tuesday but yet I felt exhausted, tired & achey.

Help!!!!!!
The job is demanding but u can help yourself, because let’s be honest management are only interested if u are the most lazy & don’t want to work. Take plenty of fluids with u even in the cold your body dehydrates, always take something to eat with u, I always have a break even iif it’s only 10 minutes in the van. Cut the loops down, if u work in 2 change the wayu deliver so u cut out the dead walking, did it with my job cut 30 minutes of it.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by maisymoo04 »

flu creeping in kazzy maybe :nervous :Sick :Sick
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by Decky Boy »

This job ain't easy any more... and a 14 mile walk with climbing will make anyone feel tired :sad:

When you get home after a hard day's graft feel good about the fact that you've made a fantastic contribution to society and your town's wellbeing in general. You've earned your pennies... and aren't a parasite ( like many out there ?)

I feel tired but "clean" at the end of a day ... and the fatigue only seems to hit me when I get home :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!

Even with all the shite ... this is still the best job in the world :wink:
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

You need to look after yourself.

Slow down, stop rushing all the time!!!

Only do what you can in your time and cut off the rest. (the duties have been made unachievable) (see cut off procedure)

Do NOT let emotional blackmail off peers and managers have any effect on you.

Go home and relax!
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by greengiant »

If you need to use a Light Weight Trolley then use one. Don't succumb to pressure from park & loop partner to take massive overloaded bags on your shoulder
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by tonytucker »

MissKazzyB wrote:Hi all

Just wondering if it’s personally me or are others feeling the same.
Today & yesterday I have felt so tired & my whole body is aching. It’s pissing me off tbh as ive no energy to do anything indoors when I get home. I’m just about making dinner & then leaving the washing up until the next day. It’s driving me nuts.
I’m wondering if it’s my age creeping up on me all of a sudden (43) or I’m just not physically fit enough for this job :-((
Or is it the weather cos it’s so cold.
I feel like how I felt when I first started this job. Then it started to get easier as I got used to it & now back to square one.

I know it’s xmas & busy but today was really light, Like a normal Tuesday but yet I felt exhausted, tired & achey.

Help!!!!!!
No
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
Bella2013
Posts: 11
Joined: 29 Nov 2015, 21:50
Gender: Female

Physically Exhausted!!!!

Post by Bella2013 »

I’m feeling exactly the same been here a few years now and I’m back to feeling like when I first started. Just physically exhausted so much so that some days I feel like I can’t go on and like I won’t be able to finish the round. This is even with giving some back, using the LWT etc. It can’t be to do with age as I’m in my 20’s. I’ve considered quitting as I’m just feeling knackered all day every day which is a shame as I do like the job itself I just think this surely can’t be good for my body if this is how I’m feeling!!